CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Missing information on Identifiers tab

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kerplatz

Missing information on Identifiers tab
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:08 pm     Reply with quote

Does anyone know why the Identifiers Tab on the left side of the IDE is not populated? I do not remember ever seeing any Variable, Function, #define, etc populate that tab. Almost every other IDE has the ability to quickly find and go to where the functions and variables are declared, but not this one. The Headings are there, it is just that they have nothing in them nor do they do anything if you click them. This is very frustrating and time consuming, not to mention that I would like to use them if I can. Thanks for you help.
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:01 pm     Reply with quote

What compiler version?.
Have you built the project?.

For me, in 5.075, that tab is full with all the subroutine names (in purple), variables (in orange), types (in light green), defines (in dark red) & built in identifiers (in yellow), once you have built a project. Even before building the section names are there. Double click on an item and it takes you to the source for it.
Just tried going back a dozen compiler versions, and all are merrily filling this field.
kerplatz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:36 pm     Reply with quote

My build is 5.064.

I have been using this compiler for over a year and I don't remember it ever giving me that stuff. I suspect it is because I am using multiple compilation which just means there are multiple source and header files. I have deleted the INI files and re-enabled the compiler to no avail. I guess I will just call them in the morning and ask.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: