CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

ICD U64 - Problem with ICSP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eabs86

ICD U64 - Problem with ICSP
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:20 pm     Reply with quote

Hi

Last year I bought a ICD - U64 and started to use it to program and debug a PIC18F4550. This week the ICD showed a malfunction and now I can't program or do anything.

The problem is:

- When I go to CCSload interface and click on "Test" I get a error message saying that the device id does not match (I get 0xFFFF). Then I run the diagnostic tool, and, using a DVM, I measure the voltage on VPP, MCLR, PGD and PGC. All the voltages are ok, except on the PGD. It gives me always a high state. And this signal (high) comes from ICD RJ12 cable when it is connected to the target device. I disconnected the PGD from the PIC to test if the high signal is comming from the PIC, but it comes from the ICD.

I don't know why It is happening because the setup that I've been using the ICD is this same all the time since i bought it.

I hope you guys can help me, because I really need to solve this problem as soon as possible Crying or Very sad

Any question or more detail, just ask!

Thank you for the support.
niccolo.calandri

Re: ICD U64 - Problem with ICSP
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:15 am     Reply with quote

eabs86 wrote:
Hi

Last year I bought a ICD - U64 and started to use it to program and debug a PIC18F4550. This week the ICD showed a malfunction and now I can't program or do anything.

The problem is:

- When I go to CCSload interface and click on "Test" I get a error message saying that the device id does not match (I get 0xFFFF). Then I run the diagnostic tool, and, using a DVM, I measure the voltage on VPP, MCLR, PGD and PGC. All the voltages are ok, except on the PGD. It gives me always a high state. And this signal (high) comes from ICD RJ12 cable when it is connected to the target device. I disconnected the PGD from the PIC to test if the high signal is comming from the PIC, but it comes from the ICD.

I don't know why It is happening because the setup that I've been using the ICD is this same all the time since i bought it.

I hope you guys can help me, because I really need to solve this problem as soon as possible Crying or Very sad

Any question or more detail, just ask!

Thank you for the support.

same problem
alan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:02 am     Reply with quote

It seems to be a problem in the ICD that somehow the PGD line get damaged. I have 4 ICD's that have the same behaviour. Contacted CCS but they couldn't help me. I noticed a problem on my board when the last one blew, the GND line were not connected and the other ones blew when programming a DC_DC under full load, guess the GND line jumped a bit.

Switched to PickIT 3, never had a problem. Same board that blew CCS just wouldn't program with pickIT and found the problem as the GND line damaged.

Regards
niccolo.calandri

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:53 am     Reply with quote

alan wrote:
It seems to be a problem in the ICD that somehow the PGD line get damaged. I have 4 ICD's that have the same behaviour. Contacted CCS but they couldn't help me. I noticed a problem on my board when the last one blew, the GND line were not connected and the other ones blew when programming a DC_DC under full load, guess the GND line jumped a bit.

Switched to PickIT 3, never had a problem. Same board that blew CCS just wouldn't program with pickIT and found the problem as the GND line damaged.

Regards

Ok, now I'm using PickIt3.
I'm really not satisfied from CCSC. I wasted money and time try to get ICD work. I tried to contact 10 times the CCSC assistance without any help. I will move to MCC next month. No more CCSC for me. Very pooooooor service. Please refund me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: