CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Re: Where to get PIC16F876 for Protel Schematic?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
June

Where to get PIC16F876 for Protel Schematic?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 11:05 pm     Reply with quote

Dear all,

Hi, I have a circuit design using PIC16F876. I want to draw it using Protel Design System (Schematic Design) ver3.2.3. However I couldn't fine this component. Can anybody tell me where to get it? Thanks a lot...

Regards: June,

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 2:22 am     Reply with quote

hi,
try to search it using library. If u use protel just to draw schematic, why not u search for similiar chip, if the ur chip is 40 pins, get the 40pins chip, then modify it. The designing of new chips can be save in the library to be use in ur other project.
:p
I do that in case i cant get actual chip from library

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 3:25 am     Reply with quote

:=Dear all,
:=
:= Hi, I have a circuit design using PIC16F876. I want to draw it using Protel Design System (Schematic Design) ver3.2.3. However I couldn't fine this component. Can anybody tell me where to get it? Thanks a lot...

If you read the big Microchip PIC data books, you'll see that all 40 pin PICs, no matter the type, have broadly the same pinout.

The same goes for other PICs. As long as they have the same number of pins, and the package is the same, they're all compatible.

I use the 16C74 pinout when I need to use a 16F877.

Pete.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 8:28 am     Reply with quote

<font face="Courier New" size=-1>:=Dear all,
:= Hi, I have a circuit design using PIC16F876. I want to draw it using Protel Design System (Schematic Design) ver3.2.3. However I couldn't fine this component. Can anybody tell me where to get it? Thanks a lot...
:=Regards: June,

It's off topic, this forum is for CCS C for pic, but I'll answer anyway.

Protel 3 precedes the 16f876 by several years so it's not surprising that you couldn't find the component. Since then there have been Protel 98, Protel 99SE and now Protel XP. The library files from a later package cannot be used, but earlier ones can sometimes be converted.
You can make a schematic component within Protel 3 and save to your own library. If you want to make a circuit board from schematic capture then you will also need to create a PCB library component. The 16f876 is a 28 pin "skinny DIP" ie. has a row spacing of 0.3 inches. You can make this by modifying an existing component and saving it to your own PCB component library.
Creating your own components is normal with Protel because the supplied libraries have many mistakes, and also because they cannot possibly cover all components.
Regards
Kenny </font>

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 9:55 am     Reply with quote

Set the snap for Protel to the difference between pins and place pads in those spots. You can also place any package with the same amount of pins.

Thanks,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: