CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

New ICD-U64 Problems with debug

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeff_R

New ICD-U64 Problems with debug
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:37 am     Reply with quote

Hello,

I recently purchased an ICD-U64 with the Canbus dev kit.

I have everything all set up and can program my target and it runs fine using the blink the green led first tutorial...

Code:
#include <18f4580.h>
#device ICD=TRUE
#fuses HS,NOLVP,NOWDT,NODEBUG,NOBROWNOUT
#use delay(clock=20000000)

#define GREEN_LED PIN_A5

void main(void)
   {
      while (true)
      {
      output_low(GREEN_LED);
      delay_ms(1000);
      output_high(GREEN_LED);
      delay_ms(1000);
      }
   }

When I try to run the debug I'm getting a condition where the led lights up and then nothing happens. So, I'm guessing the program has locked up.

I went through the ccsloader and did the diagnostic test and this is what I have.

Any ideas?

I searched for a couple hours reading everyone else troubles I tried everything previously mentioned.

Maybe the ICD-U64 is bad?
Jeff_R

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:09 pm     Reply with quote

Just a follow up...the ICD-U64 seems to be nfg.

I hooked up my MachX which works great and plugged in the ICD cable to the bottom of the unit. (Never did this before as I never debugged live before.)

Everything worked fine, same programs same hardware.

So I was able to burn through a bunch of the tutorials today. I'll have to chat with CCS support on Monday about getting a new ICD.
Jeff_R

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:45 pm     Reply with quote

Sent an email to CCS describing my problem, I'm very happy with their prompt response.

They initiated everything for me and sent me a new unit out via UPS overnight. They even sent me a return shipping label to send back the defect ICD-U64.

I received the new ICD-U64 unit and tested it...and everything is working wonderfully!

Thanks to CCS for taking good care of me through a small roadbump in my Canbus learning curve!
gpsmikey

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:40 pm     Reply with quote

This canbus stuff is driving me nuts ... I keep reading it as "[spam]" and NO, I never touch the stuff Very Happy (really !! )

Glad to hear you got it resolved. I had considered buying one of those but was not sure about it with some of the issues others had mentioned here. I do have a couple of the PicKit2 gadgets that work well, but CCS IDE doesn't speak to them for debug as near as I have been able to find out. I am interested in the experiences others have had with them though.

mikey

[edit] oh sigh - the filters took it out - you know, the stuff with the funny leaves that people smoke Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: