CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Mach-X Upgrade to Load-Go failed ?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nurquhar

Mach-X Upgrade to Load-Go failed ?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:53 am     Reply with quote

I have a Mach-X programmer purchased sept 2006. Up unitl now I had been using it with Mach-X V1.115 and firmware V0.38.

I decided I needed to update to a later version when I started getting problems programming a 18F24J10 board. Crying or Very sad (It programs fine with my trusty ICD2 Very Happy ).

I found on the CCS website that updates to Mach-X are no longer available and so I downloaded V3.11 of Load-Go which seems to be the new alternative.

After installing this Upgrade and launching Load-Go it shows on the blue title bar that it is version V?.??. I assume this not correct Question

I have tried un-installing Mach-X and Load-Go and then re-installing just Load-Go. Still the same Evil or Very Mad Version v?.??.

I still program can't program 18F24J10 either even though a quick swap of ICSP cable to my ICD2 does work Twisted Evil

Is this program now a load of pants ???

Can it be fixed ??
treitmey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:50 am     Reply with quote

since you have a icd2, you might try to ask ccs nicely if you could have
there firmware to re-burn in your programmer. may have to make some
temp icd connector.
nurquhar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:21 am     Reply with quote

If CCS have a way to make the Microchip ICD2 work with Load-n-Go thats interesting.

However since Load-n-Go seems to be in a corrupt state on my PC there does'nt seem to any point to sticking me IDC2 on the end of it.

I tried uninstal - reinstal but still it says it is version V?.?? which can't be correct and I don't know if could trust it.

Does anyone know how to completly purge Load-n-Go from my PC so I can try a clean install ?
treitmey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:36 am     Reply with quote

I'm not sure if I understand.
I didn't say..
Quote:
make the Microchip ICD2 work with Load-n-Go

I want to to use the ICD2 to program the Load-n-Go back to
a sane state. then you can use the standard update through software/bootloader.

PC<----->ICD2------>Load-n-Go

Thus what is usually the programmer (Load-n-Go) now becomes the target.
this all depends on getting hex file for Load-n-Go from ccs
nurquhar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:41 am     Reply with quote

I am having a problem with the PC Executive application not the firmware in the Mach-X.

Neil
treitmey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:27 am     Reply with quote

Oh, now I understand. Sorry I can't help you in that area.
prwatCCS

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:51 am     Reply with quote

I have a similar problem.

I bought a Machx some years ago, but have only just now needed to use it, so I attempted to find the latest code from CCS. I too found that all mention of machx.exe had dissappeared, and downloaded what appears to be the relevant code (ccsload 3.11 for Windows ??) from the CCS website.

http://www.ccsinfo.com/downloads.php

I too have the banner V?.?? when running the application.

I have manged to update the firmware to v0.48

Having read in a hex file, if then I edit program locations, my original hex file appears to get re-written without any request to do so from me.

I am having problems programming PIC16F876 parts. 3 locations appear to fail to validate. I have tried many different chips. I am using the sokcet on the machx, not the ISP lead.

My source of hex file originates from the CCS compiler.

Did you manage to resolve your problems ?
nurquhar

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:02 am     Reply with quote

No, I am afraid mine is still broken too. I am having to use my ICD2 to program my PIC's. However I need the Mach-X to serialise ID numbers in my light control units when I do a production run. So I still need to get it fixed.

Since you have similar problem it can't just be something to do with my PC. Since I am out of warrenty on the programmer I don't know if CCS support will fix the probelm.

Did you try the "check for latest updates" from your unit. Mine gives errors when it does this. Also I don't seemt to be able progam the 18F24J10.
prwatCCS

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:24 am     Reply with quote

When I switch to Diagnostics/Check for SW updates I get a green tik, and ??? and a pop-up that says '?.??' is not a valid floating point value along side a red cross and one button to click on that is labelled OK.

This is truly a lie, as everything is not OK!!

For what it is worth, I am running Win2K with all the latest service packs etc.
nurquhar

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:27 am     Reply with quote

I have just emailed CCS support and pointed them to our discussion thread. So lets see what they can offer by way of a solution.
prwatCCS

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:55 am     Reply with quote

Thanks

I had also emailed ccs support with details of the problems encountered, so let's hope that between the two of us we get some resolution.
nurquhar

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:56 am     Reply with quote

CCS Support gave following response to the problem.

Quote:
This message is a reply to CCS e-mail id: 8K1381

You are right,the MachX.EXE was replaced with the CCSLOAD.EXE, but it is still compatible with MachX. If you install new compilers or CCSLOAD into a directory that used to have a MachX.EXE, do not run that old MachX.EXE anymore.

I tried the CCSLOAD.EXE 3.11 (that is available on our website) with a Mach X and didn't have any problems.

There is a beta CCSLOAD available at www.ccsinfo.com/simon that you can try, that may also solve some of your problems.

Having already tried uninstalling MachX.EXE before installing CCSLOAD.EXE I can say for me it definitely did not work with the V3.11 version available from the download section of the website. I have verified this again this morning.

However it seems a fix has been made in the beta version available in the above link. ie Installing this 3.11 beta version does at least give the version number correctly in the blue title bar. I have yet to try programming PIC's.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:35 pm     Reply with quote

I too am having the same problem. I've reverted back to 1.78 on my PC and now that seems to be acting up. Funny thing is 1.78 works fine on my laptop. Could it be the drivers are not completely removed during un-install?
nurquhar

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:03 am     Reply with quote

My suspicion was that uninstall has "holes" in it. ie not all files & registry settings are backed out properly. It would be helpfull if CCS could publish a manual uninstall procedure.

I identfied two bugs in the CCSLOAD which were sent to CCS support some weeks ago. I have not recieved any notification of any fixes.

Also I still can't get it to program the 18F24J10 even though my ICD2 will. Support have not responded to this issue either !!

I am currently using the Mach-X as a paper weight !

MachX
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:23 am     Reply with quote

I have some issues programming the 18F2525 specifically with the MachX. The fuses are not correct when viewing the configuration bits. When I use my old ICD-S40 it works fine. BTW, these 2 products do not work well together. CCS please fix the fuse problem in the new upgrade. Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: