CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Gang programming with ICD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heliophagus

Gang programming with ICD
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:32 pm     Reply with quote

If I need to program 4 PICs on a circuit board, all of which run the same program, it would be convenient to have them all share one pullup to VCC and to share their PIN_B6 and PIN_B7 lines. This would allow them all to be programmed in parallel, at least in theory. Would this approach work with the CCS ICD? Has anyone tried this approach?
Heliophagus

I'd really appreciate some input
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:45 pm     Reply with quote

Either what I want to try is clearly impossible, so no-one has replied, or it is obviously possible, so no-one has replied. I'd really appreciate some input on this, and have tried doing Google searches on this subject without coming up with information relevant to the CCS programmer. Please help - I'd really appreciate it.
PCM programmer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:57 pm     Reply with quote

The best way to find an answer is to go to the Microchip forum search page:
http://forum.microchip.com/search.aspx
In the Search Term box, type in:
Quote:
gang

On the right side, select this forum to search:
Quote:
-- MPLAB ICD In Circuit Debuggers

The click OK and read what they say to do about it.
FvM

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:42 pm     Reply with quote

Considering the fact, that at least PGD is a bidrectional pin, the intended method should be expected not to work reliable. In the case, that one device has a different output state than others, the combined result is short circuit respectively undefined. The method may work anyway when accepting some restrictions, but most likely won't ever be suggested by Microchip. It's also questionable if any programmer has been designed to drive a respective load and if will endure this operation without damage.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: