CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

LED driver IC's

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pat

LED driver IC's
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:13 pm     Reply with quote

Hi there's been lots of LED display driver questions recently. Maybe this will help you. I've used the MAX7219 and the SCD55100 successfully before.

Maxim
MAX7219 - Serial interface (SPI or Microwire) 8 digit LED display driver (or 64 individual LEDs) with binary coded decimal decoder
MAX6953 - 4 digit 5x7 matrix LED display driver with I2C interface

Check out Maxim's other LED display drivers, there are many more, some even have a keypad/switch decoder!
http://www.maxim-ic.com/Display.cfm

If you're looking for tiny multicharacter 5x7 displays with serial interface, check out these displays by Osram
http://www.osram.convergy.de/scripts/product_class.asp?CLSOID=10051, eg HDSP2000LP, SCE5780, SCD55100 (5x5). They are hard to get hold of, and are expensive approx US$30.

I hope this helps a little.
StuH_CC

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:57 am     Reply with quote

Maxim have a good range of LED drivers, the MAX6953 works well and is easy to use. It's also available as the MAX6952, identical functionality but using an SPI interface instead of I2C. If you're looking for LED drivers have a look at their site - I've also found them to be pretty good at supplying samples to play with, a lot quicker than Microchip!

Stu.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: