CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

I am looking for a sensor that measures wireless human body
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ertansuluagac

I am looking for a sensor that measures wireless human body
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:04 am     Reply with quote

Hello
I am researching wireless sensor that measures the temperature of the human body. I prefer that the sensitivity is very high. Is there any other sensor than mlx90614? I prefer the sensor price to be moderate. I would be very happy if you share your suggestions on this subject. thanks everyone.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:24 am     Reply with quote

The mlx90614 is not a wireless sensor. It generates a digital data stream
that then has to be communicated with your board. Sparkfun do a board
with an I2C interface for this.

There are 'wireless' sensors. Bluetooth in particular.
Problem is you haqve the choice of encapsulating it yourself or buying a
complete off the shelf module. TI do a reference design for a patch
sendor, and several watches are available that give temperatre data
for quite small amount (<$20). There is also at least one 'in the ear'
sensor available.

If you think the mlx90614 is 'wireless', you need to improve your search
skills. Problem with most of the off the shelf units will be sorting out your
end of the communications, since they are often made to just talk to the
supplied app.
ertansuluagac

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:35 am     Reply with quote

understood. Thank you. Is there any model you can recommend? Wireless, infrared etc. Or is there a site I can look at in general?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:56 am     Reply with quote

You need to tell us a lot more about what you want. There is a significant
difference between basic skin temperature measurements, and ones
that approximate the core temperature. How frequently do you want
to sense?. What wireless standard do you want to use?. How long do
you want to read for?.
ertansuluagac

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:10 pm     Reply with quote

I want to design a device with a sensor that measures the human temperature. This device will measure the temperature of the person who comes across. I actually leave the link of the project I want to do below. Reading time 500ms will be sufficient. What I want to use as a standard is whatever works better.
For this case, I think the infrared sensor would be better. What do you think about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAMJH9A8jgI

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:20 pm     Reply with quote

The problem is that infra red measurements depend massively on what people
have done just before. If you stand in the Sun, and then use a IR sensor
to look for an elevated temperature, it'll tell you that you have one.
This is why something like an IR measurement into the ear, or mouth is
a much better way to work. Quick measurements are generally not very
accurate, A contact sensor on the skin just behind the ear, or the inside
of the wrist, is a much more accurate system.
It really depends hugely on how accurate you need to be.
ertansuluagac

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:31 pm     Reply with quote

Ok you are telling the truth. But the second basic condition here is that the device is fixed to the wall. So no one is needed. Would there be much difference between fever measured from the forehead and behind the ear? But I can measure by bringing my wrist closer to the device. So I can do it by thinking about the wrist. So the most important thing here is that it measures the temperature very precisely. I prefer to do whatever I need to do for this situation.
So if this happens, is there a sensor you can recommend me?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:12 pm     Reply with quote

You seem to want to be able to detect what a humans body temperature ( running a fever / covid19 tester ??).

If so..you've got a problem in 'aiming' the sensor to the human.
PIR motion detectors , as used in alarm systems for 4 or 5 decades, 'look' at the difference in temperature between 'normal room ' vs 'human in room'. Smart PIRs can also 'look' at the motion of the IR 'target'.

Humans come in all shapes and sizes, so HOW will you locate and track, say their forehead( the scanned area), for the reading ,especially if they're moving, even a foot or so ??

As Mr. T points out, where they just came from is a huge factor. 5 minutes in the sun or 1/2 hour, makes a big difference to the skin temperature. What clothes are they wearing ? Do they have sunglasses on ?? Are they wearing a hat ?? There's a LOT of factors you'll have to consider and figure out how to accurately quantify how they affect the basic skin temperature. You'll have to somehow always get the sensor to read the center of the forehead for EVERY person. THAT is a huge challenge. Once that is done, then figure out how 'central forehead skin temperature' is related to true body temperature. That 'might' be the easiest part of the task as a lot has been done regarding that since Covid19.
I understand the 'non-contact' approach as it saves sterilization and calibration requirements.
Not that it can't be done....I believe the 'targeting' task is the hardest part of the system.

Jay
ertansuluagac

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:38 pm     Reply with quote

yes. I want to do it for Covid19. But I could not find any sensor information about it anywhere. Only sensors that come out when I do research;
I could find max30205, mlx90614, MCP9808. If there is a site you can recommend to me on this subject, I can search there.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:26 pm     Reply with quote

Having a 'high temperature' does NOT indicate you have Covid19 ! Any number of ailments ( cold, flu,toothache,,etc.),'time of the month' for women, [spam],a broken toe, STRESS of any type...... all can raise your body temperature.
So skin temperature is not a reliable indicator. Also consider that you can have Covid19 and NOT have a high temperature, so any 'temperature' test is meaningless. Millions have had Covid19, not had any indications or symptoms of it....
The 'temperature test' that some are using ( IR guns) , is really a 'pretest' test,something that kinda separates 'possibles' from the crowd.
ertansuluagac

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:44 pm     Reply with quote

I know. This is just for pre-testing. This disease may differ depending on the situation and the person's body. However, as you mentioned, when such situations occur, when the fever rises, there is an opportunity for testing, and in this way, you doubt and test. If you want to help with this issue, as I answered before, if you can tell me a site or model, I can focus on them. My purpose is not to diagnose covid. To sense this situation from the front when there is a suspicious situation. As a result, it is a type of disease that occurs by looking at your blood. Please, what I want to do is very clear. It is very clear on the link I shared. Wirelessly measuring temperature from the forehead or wrist. And I want to see this. Thank you.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:22 am     Reply with quote

Also as happened just a few days ago at one of the motor race meetings,
a IR sensor was used, and two people gave elevated readings. They then
waited a few minutes out of the Sun, and miraculously these had disappeared.
The aiming inaccuracy is why test guns using IR sensors, have led lasers
to give an aiming dot.
Basic IR thermometers, are available for far less than you could build a
unit.
ertansuluagac

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:25 am     Reply with quote

Understood. Well, what can I do. What can you recommend me?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:47 am     Reply with quote

OK,from a design viewpoint you have 2 problems.
1) locating the forehead of the person
2) actual temperature reading of the forehead.

#1 will be the most difficult. You need some form of PZT(Pan ZoomTilt) to point the IR sensor to the forehead. As I said eariler this isn't easy,but you could take a 'security camera' system that can track an 'object of interest' and modify so that it detects 'foreheads'. The good news is that sensors and computers are very cheap today,so the hardware is available 'off the shelf'. it's the software code that will be very challenging. It's simple,ok, fairly 'easy' to locate and track a single hot object in a cold room filled with same shape/sized objects but a huge problem to locate and track foreheads.Now if you can get the targets to stay still in one location, you could use a whole body FLIR unit to 'scan and locate' the head, another to 'pinpoint' the forehead and finally the IR sensor to read the forehead temperature. Consider what happens when the room's HVAC comes on ! Now you've got a HUGE semi random thermal disturbance not easy task to adjust sensor parameters to compensate for.

#2 is the easy part. any 'IR gun' would work as it gets down to calibration and algorithms. This involves a LOT of testing on 100s of people. It's all in the 'details'.

I can see that #1 could take 80-85% of the overall time and material costs of the project,maybe more. Without pinpoint accuracy of the forehead sensor, temperature readings are useless.
ertansuluagac

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:55 am     Reply with quote

The biggest problem for me is finding a sensor. Do you have any suggestions for a sensor that can be used here.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: