CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

CCS C Compiler .production.hex failed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
camleot23

CCS C Compiler .production.hex failed
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:14 am     Reply with quote

Hello all,
I am using MPLAB IDE X with CCS C Compiler v5.016. I have one main.c file and 2 other c files which include functions and 3 header files that have signatures of my functions which are in c files. One of my header file is main.h that includes device, defines, fuses, i2c configs. And this header file is being included in my main.c file (#include <main.h> ) and this main.h is being included in other c files. The header files are just being included in main.c. My header files don't have any including. So, I have 6 files, =>3 header, 3 c files. =>1 main.h, 1 main.c , others have functions and signatures. I hope you understand what I meant.

My problem is, when I compile this project, it compiles every file but when the job comes to make them linked, it gives error. I just don't want to use just a header file that includes everything. I want to divide them into files. My header files will hold signatures of my functions that are in c files that created just for that library.
I hope you can show me way to do that like this. Here is the output when I compiled it:

CLEAN SUCCESSFUL (total time: 9ms)
make -f nbproject/Makefile-default.mk SUBPROJECTS= .build-conf
make[1]: Entering directory 'C:/Master-Yasir/dspic_sample/dspic_sample/mplab/dspicSample.X'
make -f nbproject/Makefile-default.mk dist/default/production/dspicSample.X.production.hex
make[2]: Entering directory 'C:/Master-Yasir/dspic_sample/dspic_sample/mplab/dspicSample.X'
gnumkdir -p build/default/production
"C:\PROGRA~2\PICC\CCSCON.exe" out=""build/default/production"" eeprom.c +EXPORT +FD +DF +CC +Y=9 +EA +DF +LN +T +A +M +J +Z -P #__dsPIC33FJ32GP204__=1 +EXPORTD="build/default/production"
"C:\PROGRA~2\PICC\CCSCON.exe" out=""build/default/production"" printBig.c +EXPORT +FD +DF +CC +Y=9 +EA +DF +LN +T +A +M +J +Z -P #__dsPIC33FJ32GP204__=1 +EXPORTD="build/default/production"
"C:\PROGRA~2\PICC\CCSCON.exe" out=""build/default/production"" main.c +EXPORT +FD +DF +CC +Y=9 +EA +DF +LN +T +A +M +J +Z -P #__dsPIC33FJ32GP204__=1 +EXPORTD="build/default/production"
C:C:\Pr\Program Fiogram leFils (x8es 6)\(xPI86CC)\P\drICC\driviverers\DS1307.C:235:1: Warns\inDS130g#203 Condi7.tiC:235:on1: a lways TRUE
Warning#203 Condition always TRUE
CC:\Pro:\grPram Files (ox86)\PICC\drivers\i2C_Fgram Filex_LCD_with_BIGNUMBERles (x86)\PICC\drivers\i2C_FlS.h:185:13: Warninex_LCD_with_BIGNUMBERS.h:185:13: Wag#rni202ng# Vari20abl2 e n Variaevbleer never us ued:se ddata
: C:\ dataMa
ster-YasC:\Mastir\dsper-Yaic_samsiple\dsr\picds_samplpie\mplc_sampab\dspicSample.X\eeple\drom.o ===> sp 0 Errorsic_sa, 2 Warmpnings.le
Buil\md Splucceab\dssfspicSaul.mp
le.X\printBig.o ===> 0 Errors, 2 Warnings.
Build Successful.
C:\Program Files (x86)\PICC\drivers\DS1307.C:235:1: Warning#203 Condition always TRUE
C:\Master-Yasir\dspic_sample\dspic_sample\mplab\dspicSample.X\main.c:58:1: Warning#203 Condition always TRUE
C:\Program Files
C:\Master-Yasir\dspic_sample\dspic_sample\mplab\dspicSample.X\main.o ===> 0 Errors, 1 Warnings.
Build Successful.
gnumkdir -p dist/default/production
"C:\PROGRA~2\PICC\CCSCON.exe" out="dist/default/production" +FD +DF +CC LINK=dspicSample.X.production.hex=build/default/production/eeprom.o,build/default/production/printBig.o,build/default/production/main.o +Y=9 +EA +DF +LN +T +A +M +J +Z -P
Unable to find: C:\Master-Yasir\dspic_sample\dspic_sample\mplab\dspicSample.X\dspicSample.X.production.hex.err
nbproject/Makefile-default.mk:189: recipe for target 'dist/default/production/dspicSample.X.production.hex' failed
make[2]: Leaving directory 'C:/Master-Yasir/dspic_sample/dspic_sample/mplab/dspicSample.X'
nbproject/Makefile-default.mk:90: recipe for target '.build-conf' failed
make[1]: Leaving directory 'C:/Master-Yasir/dspic_sample/dspic_sample/mplab/dspicSample.X'
nbproject/Makefile-impl.mk:39: recipe for target '.build-impl' failed
make[2]: *** [dist/default/production/dspicSample.X.production.hex] Error 1
make[1]: *** [.build-conf] Error 2
make: *** [.build-impl] Error 2

BUİLD FAILED (exit value 2, total time: 2s)

Last edited by camleot23 on Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:04 am; edited 2 times in total
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:25 am     Reply with quote

That's an issue with how you have MPLAB setup, not with CCS.
You really need to ask somewhere involving MPLAB.

However you do seem to have it setup in a very complex way.

It sounds as if you are trying to use MCU's.
Hionest answer, don't. It can be made to work but results in slower
larger code. The compiler works better using a single compilation.
If you want to use MCU's, you need to look at the example of how each
file needs to be setup to do this (subdirectory of the examples directory).
PCM programmer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:40 pm     Reply with quote

Do a Google search for this. Read the CCS forum archives on these errors.
Put the following text into the Google search box:
Quote:
site:ccsinfo.com/forum [.build-conf] Error 2
camleot23

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:32 pm     Reply with quote

Okay, thank you both for your comments. If I get results I will share them.
Have a nice day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: