CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

write_program_memory and 18F27J53
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:43 am     Reply with quote

Key thing is though, that I know if there was a problem, and/or while first trying the chip, you would look at the actual fuses at the end of the .lst file, and verify each one against the data sheet.

I tend to use a 'half way house'. Like PCM_programmer, I'd set the minimum to work, add any that I explicitly think are likely to cause problems, verify this is producing what I want, then later if a problem appears with a compiler version, one of the very early things I'd check is that the fuses match what the previous compiler was doing. If it doesn't, then I'd 'go explicit', and set the fuses to match the working version.

I use the 47J53 in a project at the moment, I actually explicitly have NOWPDIS set, and WPBEG, which says the protection starts at the bottom of memory and then the WPFP bits set to just protect my bootloader (config4 = 0x1). Since I was using a bootloader, and wanted this protected, I had to explicitly set this up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: