CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Debug window not found!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JULIEN LAFFITTE

Debug window not found!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:32 am     Reply with quote

Hi
I'm working sometimes with 2 screens and now i don't find the debug window. I think it is out of my screen!? I don't find in compiler options or in installed files a way for reset the default position of the windows of the compiler. Does anybody have an idea for that?
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:56 am     Reply with quote

Help if you said what environment you are working in?.
Assuming CCS IDE, then the 'debug windows' button, on the debug entry from the toolbar, bottom option 'reset debug windows'.
It might just be hidden. Two options up in the same menu 'show all'.
If you haven't got that toolbar enabled, then, Options, IDE, and you can enable this.
newguy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:33 am     Reply with quote

If it's a windows issue (window located off screen), holding the windows button and then tapping the right arrow key should bring the window onto your main screen.
JULIEN LAFFITTE

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:54 am     Reply with quote

I'm on Windows 10 Pro 64bits version 1607 and i think the "reset debug windows" not work correctly...
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:29 am     Reply with quote

It won't make them visible if they are hidden, and if they are still active/live, and simply off screen, then since they are OK, it won't show them. Use the win key method described by Newguy.
It will make them visible if they've been minimised, but not much else.
newguy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:09 am     Reply with quote

I've found that older versions of Altium Designer won't properly launch if you're using a variable number of monitors (Win 7). I normally run it on a 2nd monitor but if I try to run it using just my laptop's screen, Altium's main window will launch just fine but any pop up will launch on the (non-connected) 2nd screen. You have to ensure that you don't shift focus to another window by clicking anywhere after you attempt to launch the non-displaying window before using the windows key + right arrow trick. I think it's a windows issue because I know that I've found other programs will do the same thing if the last time I ran them they were on the 2nd monitor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: