CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

What kind of a job can I find if I learn the PIC C programmi
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gabriel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:18 pm     Reply with quote

That job posting might as well say:

Looking for a civil engineer with experience in electrical engineering, industrial engineering and mechanical engineering.
Good achitectural drawing capabilities and a bachelor in business administration. Must have a degree in Roman History.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:39 am     Reply with quote

You mean everybody doesn't... Very Happy
temtronic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:27 am     Reply with quote

this...
...USB should be easy...

...caught my eye.

USB aka Useless Serial Bus.. is NOT EASY ! Just one of the 'USB for Dummies' book is over 600 pages. It's amazing that USB actually works when you look at just some of the hardware requirements and then the layers and layers and layers of code to just have device A say 'Hello' to device B. If it wasn't for lightning fast computers, USB could not exist.
Yeah, I'm old...still love RS-232. Small tight code with real interrupts. Then again I understand ASR-33s. I tip my hat off to all who can actually get USB to do their bidding!

Jay
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:06 am     Reply with quote

If you look at the post he shows as a 'quote' when saying this, Newguy was making exactly this point (much easier to use a device/module for this). However this post is then quoted, and followed with the comment about 'USB should be easy'. 90% of the USB code I see here, will not work properly if the host wants to go into a power saving state. Getting USB to work properly does require a lot more 'low level' knowledge that is really desirable. USB shows all it's history of 'committee design', then combined with multiple generations of changes, often being led by almost an opposite of Darwinian evolution (survival of the worst...).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: