CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

pic18f23k22 and PIC KIT 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
microJuan

pic18f23k22 and PIC KIT 3
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:14 pm     Reply with quote

Hello amigos,

I have used the PICKIT3 for many PIC16F and 18F devices without any problems in the past. Now I have a PIC18F23K22 and my PICKIT3 comes up with a red LED for that device on the program interface (not the actual programmer hardware LEDs). I don't use MPLAB, I use PICC and the PICKIT3 programmer. I read the pickit 3 automatically updates itself when there is a new version.

Has anyone used the pic18f23k22 OR PIC18F25K80 with the PICKIT 3 without any dramas?

[/img]http://imgur.com/hQbkxaV[/img]
gjs_rsdi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:49 pm     Reply with quote

Used PicKit3 with PIC18F26K22 without "drama" from MPLAB v8.92
PIC18F26K22 is same as PIC18F23K22 except the memories

Best wishes
Joe
rolox

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:47 am     Reply with quote

Hi, was using 18F26K20 with PicKit3 without trouble - at least until about 6 weeks ago. Meanwhile, after some updates of CCS, it does not work anymore.
I have a message "Error : access violation at ...." and/or "unable to open device: file access denied".
As i was working with CCS IDE instead of MplabX, this was old (V2.3) but even after upgrading to V3.20 and finally 3.3, i cannot get PicKit work again ...
CCSLoad connects, recognizes TargetChip correct , but programming fails :-(

any ideas ?
roland
gjs_rsdi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:25 pm     Reply with quote

rolox

Do you connect 5VDC to your circuit?
PicKIT3 didn't worked for me if I was not connecting external 5VDC to the board as PickKIT3 won't power the board.

Best wishes
Joe
rolox

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:45 am     Reply with quote

...VCC applied - same pcb and project as weeks ago ..did not work on the project for several weeks, and then i had Updates of CCS IDE, MPLABX-tool and some java updates
Same prob when using CCSload standalone. First call : "Access Violation", PIC not detected. When i click again on "test device", PIC is recognized correctly, shows VPP - but when i try to download it says "download failed".

Maybe its more a MPLABX issue as CCS must use microchip driver ..."MPLABX IPE" also cannot connect to PicKit as i noticed today...its says new firmware must be downloaded...the programs "new AP" ...done...the "download Firmware"...which fails after 1 minute with "connection failed" :-(
temtronic

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:55 am     Reply with quote

I've used a PICKit3 to program the 18F46K22 (big brother of yours..) for years using PCM V4.??? through MPLAB V8.86 without problems.

Sounds like you updated a LOT of programs and one or more of them don't like you any more, sigh. I do NOT 'update' anything unless I see a need for it. Sadly as you've found out, 'newer isn't better' !

If possible ,'turn back the clock', uninstall all the updates, maybe one by one, and get your PC back to where it was 'several weeks ago'.

Another 'trick' I use is to have a separate PC for engineering/testing, only has XP, PCM files, MPLAB and Delphi, NO access to the Internet (not needed), nNO wireless, No Ethernet. I consider is a 'secure' PC. Files are transferred via a Flashdrive. Old PCs are cheap, use a KVM switch, and a LOT of your problems will go away.

Jay
rolox

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:22 am     Reply with quote

...not really too much...of course the usual microsoft stuff on wednesdays, then 1 update of the CCS compiler IDE, 2 times Java and one time a MPLABX tool from CCS (yesterday).
You may be right - never change a running system, but this is my home pc and just wanted to use the rainy days for some progress in my office project :-) ...so i try to go back in time ...just noticed that MPLAB 3.2 is not in the windows list of programs - although installed yesterday....
rolox

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:40 am     Reply with quote

...finally fixed it..reinstalled MplabX...and check all my desktopshortcuts...as the "run as admin" flag got lost...guess that was the main problem after updating the CCS IDE :-(
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: