CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

operative clock problem
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ELCouz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:26 pm     Reply with quote

just replied to say that's very interested what you find out guys!

BTW, while experienced guys are here Very Happy...is it possible that Microchip send out in the wild buggus chip?

Do PIC get revision on hardware?

Did it happened that some early batch of pic where flawed (not dud but instructions flawed... like the pentium FDIV bug if you remember)?

-----------
Here's my first visual theme for the CCS C Compiler. Enjoy!
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:41 pm     Reply with quote

Of course they do.
Have you looked at the errata list for some PIC's. Seven different hardware variants all with different errors in some cases.
The compiler knows about hundreds of errata, and automatically applies fixes for many.
You should always look at the errata list for any PIC you use. Just had to tweak my interrupt code on a PIC24, because of an erratum. The errata list also gives the different revisions.
There is not a chip on the market that doesn't have some faults. Including all the current Intel and AMD processors, The point about the FDIV bug, was that it resulted in a whole part of the maths unit not being useable at all, and Intel 'shot themselves in the foot', by knowing about the fault, and keeping it quiet.
I've had an entire delivery of 10000 PIC chips replaced, when there was a major fault with the brownout circuit, and in the past found a couple of other faults I was the first to discover.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: