CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Mach X Force Erase

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marcoose

Mach X Force Erase
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:42 pm     Reply with quote

Hi,

I am using a Mach X rev 4 with the latest (I think) CCSLoad 5.007 and firmware v1.26.

I am programming a PIC12F675 (8-pin device) and making use of all the pins. I am able to program a chip successfully one time (verification fails, but the program is loaded), and thereafter I can't erase/program/verify because the device ID cannot be verified. (I am using a DIP in the ZIF socket where Mach X supplies power)

The firmware I have loaded is using MCLR (set for I/O) as well as PGD and PGC pins, and this seems to prevent the Mach X from being able to read the device ID.

If I supply an external 12v to the MCLR pin whilst clicking 'erase' in CCSLoad, then I am able to erase the chip and continue on my merry way.

Is there some way to force the Mach X to apply Vpp to MCLR and erase the chip without attempting to verify the device ID first? It is kind of annoying to have to do my 'manual override' each time. Or is there something wrong with my fuses/program that I could change so as to make full use of the chip but still allow Mach X to read the device ID?

I searched the forums and it sounds like there was an "advanced" menu and "force erase" options at one point, but I don't see them anywhere in the GUI or CLI documentation for the current version of CCSLoad.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Marcus
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: