CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Startup code and command line arguments

View previous topic :: View next topic  
orb1692

Startup code and command line arguments
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:02 am     Reply with quote

Where can I find the file containing the default start code for the PIC18?
Also does CCS support command line arguments?

Conversely, if anyone could point me to the source that specifies both that would be great.
RF_Developer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:44 am     Reply with quote

There is no default start-up code for the 18 series, or for any other PICs. Every PIC requires different start-up code, and every configuration is potentially different depending on what options and peripheral support is required. There is no file containing this code, its generated as required by the compiler, and if there were it would not be C.

The CCS C compilers can be called from the command line. Indeed CCS provides (or at least used to) a free version of the compiler that can only be used from the command line. There is a section in the help called "Invoking the Command Line Compiler" which gives full details though personally I have never, and very unlikely ever, to use it. I presume the free version comes with all the relevant documentation.

The C code generated by the CCS compiler is fully embedded and obviously cannot be invoked from any command line, and therefore CCS C probably has no support for argc and argv. CCS C mains have no parameters and no return value.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: