CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

CCS 5.xxx Sticky
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
micro_debugger

A lot of bugs
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:22 pm     Reply with quote

Hi,
Finally there are a lot of bugs, when I finished my project (I'm overloaded with delivery time) I will describe all of them.
But in any case I like this new version of the compiler.

Best Regards
miro

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:06 pm     Reply with quote

Addressmod does not work with 5.011. Bug issued to ccs in feb2013.
http://www.ccsinfo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=50809
jeremiah

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:13 pm     Reply with quote

miro wrote:
Addressmod does not work with 5.011. Bug issued to ccs in feb2013.
http://www.ccsinfo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=50809

Make sure to email CCS support (you might have already...just making sure). Since this is a user forum, it's not guaranteed to get to support by being posted in a thread here.
alan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:42 am     Reply with quote

Anybody else had problems with registration files not being recognised from 5.011 onwards?

If I install 5.011 or 5.012 it asks for new registration files. When uninstalling and then reinstalling 5.010 no problem.

Maintenance active till next year.

Regards
micro_debugger

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:55 am     Reply with quote

No, I done it and working very well.
BR
alan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:08 am     Reply with quote

Hi micro_debugger

What operating system?
I am using Win 7 Pro - 64 bit.
Want to try and narrow down why. Never had a problem until 5.011.

Unless it is time for new Win install, system are getting sluggish Sad

Regards
dyeatman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:52 am     Reply with quote

Alan,
I have been a user since version 3 and this periodically happens to me. In
4-5 cases I had to request new reg files from CCS.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:40 am     Reply with quote

Thanks dyeatman, emailed CCS and they send me new files, all OK now.
micro_debugger

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:58 pm     Reply with quote

alan wrote:
Hi micro_debugger

What operating system?
I am using Win 7 Pro - 64 bit.
Want to try and narrow down why. Never had a problem until 5.011.

Unless it is time for new Win install, system are getting sluggish Sad

Regards

Sorry for the late reply, I was sleeping all the day, because I was working all the night. OS is WIN7 Premium home edition 32 bit, 4 GB RAM, if you need something to test for you, I will be on the line for the next 12 hours, my working night has been just started ;-)
BR
jeremiah

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:11 am     Reply with quote

I was doing some testing on the new receive buffer option in #use rs232 and noticed it would do some weird things if the buffer overflowed. I took a look at the ASM and came up with the following:

Characters are added to the buffer in circular buffer fashion with no care as to where the next_out pointer is set. This means if your buffer is 10 characters long (a small number for easy testing) and you send 13 characters before reading, you will have 3 characters in the buffer (next_in will pass right by next out). If you send exactly 10 characters (the size of the buffer), then you have an empty buffer instead of a full one. Very interesting design. It looks very intentional from the assembly structure, but I still wonder if this was intended or not. I did verify that it doesn't ever clobber memory with overlfows at least.
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:48 am     Reply with quote

Now, I'd reached the point where 95% of stuff now works OK in V5. However was still having the occasional oddity.

Happened to realise that it was always when using relatively complicated FP arithmetic in the code, and found it is using areas of the memory already in use for the temporary stores.....

Code:

2E4-2E9 MAIN.adc_sums
2E6-2E9 atan2.z
2EA     MAIN.state
2EA.0   atan2.sign
2EB     MAIN.amreading
2EB     atan2.quad

The maths here is all done in 'main', and 'amreading', 'state' and the adc sums are in use, but call atan2, and it merrily overwrites the variables.

The same behaviour had been noted by another poster.

A real 'killer'.... Crying or Very sad

Will try to set up a smaller demo program and point it out to CCS.

Update to this. It is only arrays, int1's and enums, that it seems to overwrite. Conventional variables it avoids OK.

Best Wishes
Pret

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:39 am     Reply with quote

I've been using CCS for more than 5 years, and the impression on IDE never changed. It's simply mediocre. And I'm not referring on features, I'm talking about bugs. I think this IDE never gets really tested. I think it's being made by a bunch of kids playing with Delphi on a school project.

When a new IDE version comes in hand, it takes usually 5 minutes till first "List out of bounds exception". It took me 10 min to move a v4 project to this new version and I already found annoying bugs.

For instance:
- "List index out of bounds" happen in min 1 of v5.15 IDE when I was configuring the project paths. Just hit Options->Project Options -> Include Files then click on white space from the listbox.
- configuring colors worst than V4: numbers starting with 0b are wrongly painted. Strings are fine, except when you are using #define in front of them. At that point, you'll have multiple colors inside the string.
- sometimes I cannot exit the IDE, it says that I need to compile the project first. Really?!
- "Find All References" it's simply not working. Usually finds nothing, but when it does, finds empty lines or even worse.
- in Options->IDE->Display try to type your font: exception thrown.

All of these bugs are from my 10 min experience. It would be reasonable for version 1.00, but for 5.15 I find them unacceptable.
mvanvliet

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:44 am     Reply with quote

I've found something, it is not a real bug, but it can be solved by CCS I think.

I have 2 different windows versions on two different computers, one 64 bit and one 32 bit, when I compile something on the 64 bit I can't compile it anymore on the 32 bit because of the installation path. The 64 bit has an C:\program files (x86)\PICC\devices\, the 32 bit has an C:\program files\PICC\devices\.

This can be solved to copy the devices .h file to the project folder, but I think it can also be solved by CCS.
jeremiah

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:01 pm     Reply with quote

mvanvliet wrote:
I've found something, it is not a real bug, but it can be solved by CCS I think.

I have 2 different windows versions on two different computers, one 64 bit and one 32 bit, when I compile something on the 64 bit I can't compile it anymore on the 32 bit because of the installation path. The 64 bit has an C:\program files (x86)\PICC\devices\, the 32 bit has an C:\program files\PICC\devices\.

This can be solved to copy the devices .h file to the project folder, but I think it can also be solved by CCS.

This isn't something uncommon. All compilers have this issue if they have project files and install directory includes. There are a few other ways to work around it:

1. If you open up the project options for your project after moving to the 32bit platform, you can set the paths there.

2. Install the compiler to a specific directory rather than the default and then do that on both computers. That way the install directory is the same for both

3. When you move the project to the 32bit system, delete all the project files (anything not .c, .h, or any made up extensions you came up with). Open the main C file in CCS and hit compile and it will regenerate the project with the correct paths.

That said, I prefer to do what you mentioned in your post: save a copy of the driver local to my project. That way any compiler upgrades won't botch my old code.
Requan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:09 am     Reply with quote

Hi,
I found bug with view data in debug view, so what i did to show it:

I loaded example data to array:
char Table[11];
memset(Table, '\0', sizeof(Table));
sprintf(Table,"1;2.3:4,5");

In hex view i see all bytes, but in char view i don't see:
";" and "," (i see empty places instead of it)
Additionally, when i use "," i see in char view two empty pleases instead of one.

I reported to CCS, they confirmed and promised to fix it in next release.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: