CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Problems CCS and MPLABX1.4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dididito

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:00 am     Reply with quote

My solution is not useful at all.

If you want to use CCS, don't use MPLABX.

If you want to use MPLABX, use another compiler.

Crying or Very sad sorry, is all what I have.

I have asked in the MPLAB forum and nobody could give me a solution.
_olaf_

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:15 am     Reply with quote

I had MPLabX and ccs running a few month now (since MPLABX 1.1 was released). I also used version 1.30 of MPLABX with the ccs complier and it worked fine. Today I downloaded and installed MPLABX1.41 and I get the same errors as Dididito if I try to compile a project. The Project was compiled half an hour before on version 1.3 without any problems and without any changes in the settings or the code.

My solution was to downgrade to MPLabX 1.3 and it does work as before.

Quote:

My solution is not useful at all.

If you want to use CCS, don't use MPLABX.

If you want to use MPLABX, use another compiler.

sorry, is all what I have.

I have asked in the MPLAB forum and nobody could give me a solution.

If this is the solution why should I use ccs or Mplabx. If I can't use an prefered compiler with an IDE or an prefered IDE with my compiler. Why should I use anyone of them? Is it better to chose another Controller Manufacturer (including other IDE and compiler). Is it better to use an Atmel, Ti, NEC, Freescale... if they have an IDE with an working Compiler?

In my opinion CCS want to sell compilers, Microchip want to sell chips so both must be interested in having satisfied customers. Microchip is not the only manufacturer of µC and CCS is not the only supplier of compilers.

I like my PIC µC and most of the time I am happy with my compiler, but do I expect to much if I want to have an working IDE and compiler?
jeremiah

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:40 am     Reply with quote

They are competing products too. It isn't in Microchip's best interest to prioritize CCS issues and CCS support don't have access to MPLABX source.

The CCS compiler works fine. I am very confident this is an MPLABX issue (as you have shown in version 1.3 working and version 1.4 not working and as I have shown with 1.4 working with CCS).

It sucks you can't get them working together as it works on my computer so I know there is some way to make it work, but saying stuff like "why shouldn't I buy another product" and such isn't really gonna garnish the attention you want as this isn't a forum that CCS support uses for feedback or to necessarily provide any support. It's a user forum. The only way to get this kind of feedback to CCS is to send it to them via their email address or call them and tell them. Still, there isn't much they can do if it is an MPLABX problem. Microchip would have to fix it.
smersh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:59 am     Reply with quote

Hello,
I have reported this problem to CCS, and voila - it's fixed. The latest MPLABX (1.50) with the latest CCSC (4.138) work fine.

The problem was in the CCSCON.EXE which parses messages generated by the CCSC.EXE to the console.

Make sure MPLABX executes CCSCON.EXE and not CCSC.EXE, check the log in your MPLAB compilation output window.

Good luck,
NJ
Darren Rook

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:11 pm     Reply with quote

smersh wrote:
Hello,
I have reported this problem to CCS, and voila - it's fixed. The latest MPLABX (1.50) with the latest CCSC (4.138) work fine.

The problem was in the CCSCON.EXE which parses messages generated by the CCSC.EXE to the console.

Make sure MPLABX executes CCSCON.EXE and not CCSC.EXE, check the log in your MPLAB compilation output window.

Good luck,
NJ

If you have an older version of CCS, you can rename CCSCON.EXE and MPLAB will fallback to using CCSC.EXE

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:45 am     Reply with quote

That's correct, but compilation messages won't be displayed in the MPLABX.
NJ
whertusky

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:32 am     Reply with quote

What if I have no "ccscon.exe"?

I've tried telling MPLAB to execute "ccscoff.exe" instead of "ccsc.exe", but it starts building and never ends.
Darren Rook

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:32 am     Reply with quote

whertusky wrote:
What if I have no "ccscon.exe"?

I've tried telling MPLAB to execute "ccscoff.exe" instead of "ccsc.exe", but it starts building and never ends.

If you don't have ccscon.exe, then the MLPAB plug-in falls back to the ccsc.exe. ccsc.exe and ccscon.exe are similar, but ccscon.exe outputs error messages in a format that MPLAB X likes.

It sounds like you are using an older MPLAB X or CCS compiler. First, try updating to MPLABX to 1.5 and see if your problems go away. After you upgrade to MPLAB X 1.5, verify that you are using the latest plug-in (which is 1.46). You can find directions on how to get the plug-in version in the CCS MPLAB X tutorial:
http://www.ccsinfo.com/faq.php?page=mplabx_tutorial

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:03 am     Reply with quote

I updated CCS and MPLABX, now I've got CCS 4.136 and MPLAB X IDE v1.51. The plug-in it's correctly installed.

Because of the update, MPLABX executes CCSCON.EXE as you said, but it still doesn't work. I'm compiling a standalone project with an empty main, and this is the error I get:

Code:
make -f nbproject/Makefile-default.mk SUBPROJECTS= .build-conf
make[1]: Entering directory `C:/Test.X'
make  -f nbproject/Makefile-default.mk dist/default/production/Test.X.production.hex
make[2]: Entering directory `C:/Test.X'
gnumkdir -p build/default/production
gnumkdir -p dist/default/production
"C:\Program Files\PICC\CCSCON.exe"  out="dist/default/production"  newmain.c +FD +DF +Y=9 +EA +DF +LN +T +A +M +J +EA +Z -P #__PIC24F16KA102=TRUE
C:\Test.X\newmain.c:0:0:  Info#300  More info:   *3* I/O error 32
C:\Test.X\newmain.c:0:0:  Error#44  Internal Error - Contact CCS  OUTPUT FILE
      1 Errors,  0 Warnings.
Build Failed.
make[2]: Leaving directory `C:/Test.X'
make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/Test.X'
make[2]: *** [build/default/production/newmain.o] Error -1073741819
make[1]: *** [.build-conf] Error 2
make: *** [.build-impl] Error 2

BUILD FAILED (exit value 2, total time: 10s)

As far as I see, the only thing that has changed is that it says that it's an internal error from CCS.
Darren Rook

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:42 am     Reply with quote

whertusky wrote:
I updated CCS and MPLABX, now I've got CCS 4.136 and MPLAB X IDE v1.51. The plug-in it's correctly installed.

Because of the update, MPLABX executes CCSCON.EXE as you said, but it still doesn't work. I'm compiling a standalone project with an empty main, and this is the error I get:

Code:
make -f nbproject/Makefile-default.mk SUBPROJECTS= .build-conf
make[1]: Entering directory `C:/Test.X'
make  -f nbproject/Makefile-default.mk dist/default/production/Test.X.production.hex
make[2]: Entering directory `C:/Test.X'
gnumkdir -p build/default/production
gnumkdir -p dist/default/production
"C:\Program Files\PICC\CCSCON.exe"  out="dist/default/production"  newmain.c +FD +DF +Y=9 +EA +DF +LN +T +A +M +J +EA +Z -P #__PIC24F16KA102=TRUE
C:\Test.X\newmain.c:0:0:  Info#300  More info:   *3* I/O error 32
C:\Test.X\newmain.c:0:0:  Error#44  Internal Error - Contact CCS  OUTPUT FILE
      1 Errors,  0 Warnings.
Build Failed.
make[2]: Leaving directory `C:/Test.X'
make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/Test.X'
make[2]: *** [build/default/production/newmain.o] Error -1073741819
make[1]: *** [.build-conf] Error 2
make: *** [.build-impl] Error 2

BUILD FAILED (exit value 2, total time: 10s)

As far as I see, the only thing that has changed is that it says that it's an internal error from CCS.

Try deleting your ccscon.exe
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: