CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Problems CCS and MPLABX1.4
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dididito

Problems CCS and MPLABX1.4
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:39 am     Reply with quote

Hello everybody,

I just write a simple code, just in order to check that CCS is working right in MPLABX enviroment. But I get the next error when I build the code:

Code:

CLEAN SUCCESSFUL (total time: 52ms)
make -f nbproject/Makefile-default.mk SUBPROJECTS= .build-conf
make[1]: Entering directory `D:/Test.X'
make  -f nbproject/Makefile-default.mk dist/default/production/Test.X.production.hex
make[2]: Entering directory `D:/Test.X'
gnumkdir -p build/default/production/Sources
gnumkdir -p dist/default/production
"C:\Program Files (x86)\PICC\Ccsc.exe"  out="dist/default/production"  "Sources/Main.c" +FD +DF +Y=9 +EA +DF +LN +T +A +M +J +EA +Z -P #__PIC24FJ256GB106=TRUE
make[2]: *** [build/default/production/Sources/Main.o] Error -1073741819
make[1]: *** [.build-conf] Error 2
make: *** [.build-impl] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `D:/Test.X'
make[1]: Leaving directory `D:/Test.X'

BUILD FAILED (exit value 2, total time: 29s)

As I said, The main method is empty, and I just did a file in order to check if it's working on. Also I tried to copy an example file and compile but it doesn't work.

If I compiled from command line, it works perfectly, so I don't know what is happening.

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards
drolleman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:12 pm     Reply with quote

ccs and microchip are not in sync on mplab x. Neither side is putting much effort in making ccs work with mplab x. I have tried to use ccs in mplab but it needs a lot more work. Mplab x has been out long to have enough that mplab could have ccs compiler working.

Is ccs trying to force us to use their ide? I hope not. Is the ccs microchip relationship not as good as the past? Why is ccs not seamlessly working with mplab x?
Dididito

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:44 am     Reply with quote

Anyway I have read that somepeople is using MPLABX and CCS.

I don't think I'm the only one who have found this problem, so I hope someone could help me.
jeremiah

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:03 am     Reply with quote

I've been using MPLAB and MPLABX with CCS for a bit. In general, I have not noticed any problems that are CCS specific, though I am only running MPLABX 1.3, so I cannot comment for 1.4. The problems I noticed in MPLABX:

Simulator is buggie - Affects all compilers
Syntax Underlining Issues - Affects all compilers with built ins (HiTech,CCS, etc.)
Multiple File compilation is default when more than 1 c file is present and you have to manually set c files to not compile sometimes (assuming you use the #include methodology instead)

In general, most of the problems with MPLABX are with the simulator, but I am still using MPLAB's version for that when a problem arises. CCS has run fine with MPLABX for me since 1.0. I'm running it on Windows 7 64bit and have always kept Java at the version they specified (at least until they started doing an internal Java, so now I can do what I want).

If I get some time this weekend, I'll install 1.4 and see if it still works. Is there a small compilable program you could post that I could test out to see if I get the same error as you? It just needs to be basic and something I can immediately compile without having to make changes.

Edit: I just installed MPLABX 1.4, setup projects, and ran 5 different CCS projects all targetting different PIC24, PIC18, and DSPIC33' with no issues whatsoever. I am going to guess this is a setup issue?
drolleman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:19 pm     Reply with quote

I just loaded 1.4 and if there are errors, it didn't before now lists the error but you have to manually find the line in your source yourself. I haven't seen this since the late 80's. In the old ide you just double click on an error and it jumps to the source line automatically. Yes it will compile a clean file, but some of my projects are huge so this isn't tolerable. How do you debug files?
jeremiah

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:21 pm     Reply with quote

It tells me the line number and file in the message window, so I just go there and work from there. I'm used to that though, so it may not be easy for others.
drolleman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:27 pm     Reply with quote

Time is money it was in mplab 8 why not in x.
jeremiah

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:06 pm     Reply with quote

It might have something to do with how Netbeans interacts with plugins and outside applications, but that is just a guess.
Dididito

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:51 am     Reply with quote

This is the example code that I'm using:

Code:
#include <24FJ256GB106.h>

#FUSES NOWDT                    //No Watch Dog Timer
//#FUSES NOJTAG                   //JTAG disabled
#FUSES NOPROTECT                //Code not protected from reading
#FUSES NOWRT                    //Program memory not write protected
#FUSES DEBUG                  //No Debug mode for ICD
#FUSES ICSP2                    //ICD uses PGC1/PGD1 pins
//#FUSES WINDIS                   //Watch Dog Timer in non-Window mode
//#FUSES WPRES128                 //Watch Dog Timer PreScalar 1:128
//#FUSES WPOSTS16                 //Watch Dog Timer PostScalar 1:32768
#FUSES NOIESO                     //Internal External Switch Over mode enabled
//#FUSES PR                       //Primary Oscillator
#FUSES NOCKSFSM                 //Clock Switching is disabled, fail Safe clock monitor is disabled
#FUSES NOOSCIO                  //OSC2 is clock output
//#FUSES HS                       //High speed Osc (> 4mhz for PCM/PCH) (>10mhz for PCD)
#FUSES IOL1WAY                  //Allows only one reconfiguration of peripheral pins
#fuses HS,PR_PLL,PLL5    // Crystal HS, 4xPLL
//#fuses OSC_CRYSTAL
//#FUSES NOPUT
//#FUSES NOMCLR
//#FUSES WPEND_LOW
//#FUSES NOWPCFG
//#FUSES NOWPDIS
//#FUSES WPFP3
//#FUSES WPFP4
////#FUSES PLL6                   //Divide By 12(48MHz oscillator input)
//#FUSES DISUVREG
//#FUSES WPFP5
//#FUSES WPFP6
//#FUSES WPFP0
//#FUSES WPFP1
//#FUSES WPFP2
//#FUSES WPFP7
//#FUSES WPFP8
//#FUSES RESERVED
//#use delay(clock=20000000)
#use delay (clock=20000000)

#define __USB_PIC_PERIF__ 1
#define USB_CON_SENSE_PIN PIN_B0
#define USB_CONFIG_HID_TX_SIZE   64
#define USB_CONFIG_HID_RX_SIZE   64
#define USB_CONFIG_HID_TX_POLL 255
#define USB_CONFIG_HID_RX_POLL 255

#include <pic24_usb.h>
#include <usb_desc_hid.h>
#include <usb.c>

main(){
}

As you see, it is empty, I compiled from command line and it's works perfectly, but when I do it from MPLABX, I found the error I showed you before.
Any idea about what can I do? or what should I check?? I'm completely sure that the problem is not from the source file.

Thank everybody.

EDIT: I have tried to compile using MPLAB8.84 and it works perfectly. Crying or Very sad
jeremiah

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:38 am     Reply with quote

I just built it in mplabx 1.4 with ccs 4.135 with no problem at all. This has to be some kind of settings or setup issue.

As a side note, in this version it appears to have the feature drolleman was wanting (clicking on an error and going to the location). I just tested since the code provided had a warning which was clickable.

EDIT:
Here's what it looks like (notice the "link" for the warrning. It does this for errors too)

http://i.imgur.com/cs1In.jpg
Dididito

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:34 am     Reply with quote

Ok Jeremiah, so at this point?? What can I do??

Actually, when I installed ccs and mplabx I didn't do anything else than installing mplab ccs plugin. It works with MPLAB 8, but not with MPLAB X, any clue/help/advice about MPLAB X and CCS configuration??

Thank you!
smersh

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:58 pm     Reply with quote

Hello,

I have the same issue as the topic starter. I even know the reason but have no idea how to fix it Smile

In v1.40 MPLABX executes CCSCON.EXE as a command line compiler. It crashes, even executed in the command line with exactly the same parameters. The actual parameter that causes a crash is +EA

Code:

"C:\Program Files\PICC\CCSCON.exe"  out="dist/My/production"  "snk-main.c" +FD +DF +Y=9 +EA +DF +LN +T +A +M +J +EA +Z -P #__dsPIC33EP256MU806__=TRUE

But if you rename CCSCON.EXE into something else, then MPLABX will use CCSC.EXE (may be with some manual configuration fix). There will be no compile problems, but, unfortunately, no clickable error printouts.

Last edited by smersh on Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dididito

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:01 pm     Reply with quote

Hello Smersh,

Thank you for your idea, but if you read my first post in this thread, you can see that my MPLAB is executen CCSc.exe, not the executable you said.

Sad

Any other idea??
smersh

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:08 pm     Reply with quote

Yes, you are right, in your setup ccsc.exe is executed. However there's a screenshot several posts below with ccscon.exe, same as with my configuration.

Could you try to execute in your command line, from the project's root folder:
Code:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\PICC\Ccsc.exe"  out="dist/default/production"  "Sources/Main.c" +FD +DF +Y=9 +EA +DF +LN +T +A +M +J +EA +Z -P #__PIC24FJ256GB106=TRUE

It looks like this is a CCS problem, not the MPLABX....
drolleman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:30 pm     Reply with quote

Bottom line ccs and microchip need to work on it. They don't seem to be in an rush to fix it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: