CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Debugging with ICD-U40 - monitor I/O ports

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go
View previous topic :: View next topic  
schmez

Debugging with ICD-U40 - monitor I/O ports
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:30 pm     Reply with quote

Hi All - I recently bought the ICD-U40 specifically to do debugging on my project. It is connected to the header for a PIC 16F690 microcontroller. I have the debugger working with PCW Version 4.129 just fine - but I cannot get my watch window to monitor or show realtime data - specifically for the I/O ports. I have the PIN_A2 showing and all I see is the constant that was defined in the program - not the actual real time value.
Any help or documents that help show more details of how to use the debugger to see real time data would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Jeff
Charliem

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:44 am     Reply with quote

Did you get your problem solved? I am really think of getting this debugger and was wondering how well it worked? Thanks.

Debugger
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:27 am     Reply with quote

It has worked for what I needed - I bought this one because it was cheap - not sure what the newer one brings offhand. Using it certainly helped me move along in my development - however, I have a few other postings about using the xmit/recv for RS232 communication that caused some other issues that were not well documented that took me a bit of time to figure out.

Overall, I tried to do a development project without the debugger but ultimately realized it was best to use from the start.

Also - be sure to look at compatibility for your chip you are programming with - I am using the 16F690 and had to purchase the proper header and had to make one wiring adjustment on the header to get RS232 monitoring to work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: