CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

USB PICF18F4550, WIN 7 64 bit
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
geolover

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:40 am     Reply with quote

Hello! I used the same code but while I'm trying to install the driver I got error code 10. Do you have any idea why?

To be a little bit more specific:

Sometimes the USB CDC could be successfully installed, but however when I try to access it with putty I got unable to configure COM port message, any idea on why this is happening?
neohimura

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:24 am     Reply with quote

Hi,
I was able to install the PIC18F4550 USB CDC driver and it works on my laptop with Windows 7 X64. I'm using Visual Basic 2010 to display the data. My problem is the data will freeze after running for ~1 minute. I tried the same codes on a Windows 7 X32 and had the same problem. But it works fine in Windows XP. I tried different value of capacitor for VUSB but no luck. Anyone had this problem?
gmua

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:20 pm     Reply with quote

Ttelmah wrote:
The USB support with 3.249, differs from that on 4.106, taking less space, but creating the last couple of warnings to do so. The USB libraries for V4, won't work with 3.249. You can turn which warnings are given on/off.
With the standard libraries, these warnings are _normal_.

USB, in Proteus is poor. You _can_ get an occasional small program to work, but more fail than do. I have not got a single 'full scale' program that works in the real world, to work in Proteus. As far as I'm concerned, the USB simulation in Proteus, is not worth wasting time on.

Best Wishes

Thanks a lot Ttelmah, I guess it was too good to be true about PROTEUS being able to simulate the USB port a 100%, I will have to do it the old fashion way.
gmua

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:29 pm     Reply with quote

Ttelmah wrote:
USB, in Proteus is poor. You _can_ get an occasional small program to work, but more fail than do. I have not got a single 'full scale' program that works in the real world, to work in Proteus. As far as I'm concerned, the USB simulation in Proteus, is not worth wasting time on.

Proteus 7.4 SP3 works much better than Proteus 7.5 SP3, I modified and recompiled a C source file (made with CCS version 3.227) with version 4.114 and it worked perfectly (I still got the same normal warnings), the Windows application made with Visual C# 2005 turned the LEDs ON and OFF inside the ISIS simulation like it was supposed to.

The project is a slightly modified version of the PicUSB project found at: http://www.hobbypic.com/

Again, thanks a lot Ttelmah
Bilal

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:36 am     Reply with quote

its OK to have a .33nF Capacitance at PIN18 instead of 47uF????

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:33 pm     Reply with quote

The recommended value, is _not_ 47uF. 0.47uF. Factor of 100 different.
The data sheet requires a minimum of 0.22uF.
_But_ historically quite a few people have found the USB to be unreliable, with the minimum value, so have doubled it, and used 0.47uF, but 0.33, if a good quality capacitor, is well in spec.
So 0.33uF _ought_ the be OK.

Best Wishes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: