CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

CCS embedded ethernet kit

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dan king

CCS embedded ethernet kit
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:40 am     Reply with quote

has anyone managed to get all the examples provided with the CCS embbeded ethernet kit to work? specifically, I'm stuck at the last webserver example webserver2 where the web pages can be stored on a sd/mmc card. I am able to get the mpfs version to work with the pages stored in ROM but any attempt to use the mmc storage has failed. I believe I have configured all of the options correctly to select the fat storage as opposed to mpfs.

I can connect via ftp to the server but all other ftp commands fail. All of the serial routines are running fine as well. I loaded the pages manually with a sd card reader onto a MMC but no success. it appears as though the mmc I/F is the failure because I have been able to get all other examples to work. I even tried to load the supplied .hex for the example and get the same results.

Any input is appreciated.

Rgds,

Dan
btw - compiler CCS PCH C Compiler, Version 4.074

Last edited by dan king on Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
dan king

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:35 pm     Reply with quote

Never mind, I found the problem. In fat_pic.c the selection needs to be made between fat and fat32. Once I selected fat the page was hosted properly. I still can't ftp yet through the command line but I'm getting there.
dan king

new problem
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:25 pm     Reply with quote

Ok, I've hit another snag with the CCS Embedded Ethernet kit. I have most of the functions working in the webserver2 example EXCEPT the dele ftp command. when I use that command the filesystem becomes corrupt. The contents of the file do get erased but the file name remains and sometimes can't be removed when viewed from XP unless the card is reformatted. Does anyone know if the FAT routines have been updated or know of a fix?

I also tried connecting an SD card and neither fat or fat32 are accessible. I have only had success with mmc. I thought the SPI access of either card type was compatible, someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks in advance,

Dan
a3ka2000

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:39 am     Reply with quote

Hi, did you manage to complete and make all the examples from CCS embedded ethernet kit work?

No problem at all for tutorial 7b and PING example?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: