CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Batron graphical LCD on PIC16F877A ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
absolut

Batron graphical LCD on PIC16F877A ?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:41 am     Reply with quote

Hello everybody!

I have got a Batron graphical LCD (BT96040AV1-COG-SRE-12-I2C with a STE2004S controller onboard) that I would like to drive as i2c-slave by the PIC16F877A.

the combination of the LCD and its onboard controller have fully confused me by now, so i stuck here. Confused i have found a driver used in a project for the bt96040-display, but it seems to be another type (5 pins instead of 6 like mine has), and i doubt, i can get the lcd working with that one shortly (since i am novice on that).

therefore i would like to ask, if there is anybody here, who has worked with this lcd and might give me a hint where to start with this easily? that would be really great.

many thanks in advance!
absolut

[edit]
just added the links to the datasheets:
STE2004S: http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/95954.pdf
Display: http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/95955.pdf

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:23 am     Reply with quote

I haven't used the module, but I am willing to help a bit (the LCD looks interesting to me)...

The data sheet link you posted shows a 6 pin pinout - what pins does your module have? Do you have a pinout of your module?

It seems to be a standard I2C device otherwise.

HTH - Steve H.
absolut

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:18 am     Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
I haven't used the module, but I am willing to help a bit (the LCD looks interesting to me)...

The data sheet link you posted shows a 6 pin pinout - what pins does your module have? Do you have a pinout of your module?

It seems to be a standard I2C device otherwise.

HTH - Steve H.

Hi Steve!

yes, i've chosen it especially because of i2c, but stuck somehow
Confused

by module you mean the PIC?
then this would be the one that comes on the "embeded serial bus development board"... http://ccsinfo.com/product_info.php?products_id=embser
PIC16F877A-I/L (44pin/pccl)
i've connected the display to the scl/sda pins (c2 & c3) with pullup-resistors, !res to some other pin (since i don't use this one right now... just want to see anything on the display)

Eugen B.
Steve H

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:20 am     Reply with quote

The ST data sheet talks about the I2C interface - it also has a command to fill the display with a checker board test pattern. If I was working on this display I would concentrate on getting that command to work. As usual you may have to work out some software and hardware bugs as you go along. Especially if this is your first I2C project - there is always a learning curve on these things.

ST might also have some app notes on this controller - it might be wise to check their site for any more information.

HTH - Steve H.
chrisp001

Joining in ...
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:37 am     Reply with quote

Hi Steve / Eugene

I too are trying to interface a pic to the 96 x 40 I2C Graphic model. My pic is the 16f690 - however the 16F877 will do.

Have you got any further?

The pins you describe are as follows:

1 VDD (3V)
2 RES
3 SDA
4 SCK
5 VSS (Ground)
6 VLCD (these needs a 1K post to ground to adjust the LCD Contrast)

Have you connected the contrast and adjusted it? Otherwise it may be to faint to see.

Let me know if that works - otherwise if I do find out, I'll let you know.

Kind regards

Chris P
layss

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:29 pm     Reply with quote

I'm using the same lcd. Having trouble to display also. I have set the display mode to (display all segments on) but still can't get anythng. Anyone have a working source code for this lcd using C programming?
ClemODS

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:54 am     Reply with quote

I have problem with this display and a pic18.

Does anyone have a working source code using this LCD ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: