CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

CCSLOAD / ICD-U64, erasing program memory problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nilsener

CCSLOAD / ICD-U64, erasing program memory problem
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:21 am     Reply with quote

Dear,

I try to erase the code protected program memory of a 18F2520 using CCSLOAD V4.022 and the CCS ICD-U64. CCSLOAD message is, that program memory is successfully erased but I found, that it isn't.

The chip didn't start up after erasing the program memory, it seems that it is really erased. But the real reason is, that the configuration fuses are changed (this is ok and comes from erasing the program memory) and this prevents start up. If I read back the configuration fuses I found, that the code protection bits are not reset as they should from erasing the program memory, an indication that no erase was performed. Then I write back ONLY the configuration fuses with MPLAB ICD2 and the chip starts up with the program that originally should be erased by CCSLOAD. So I am 100% sure, that program memory is not erased by CCSLOAD and if program memory is not empty I can not update the program with revised program.

I can not perform a bulk erase of the entire chip because if have to retain my EEPROM data that are code protected. So due to code protection unfortunately I can not read and save EEPROM data before performing a bulk erase of the entire chip. The 18F2520 has the capability to bulk erase the program memory and the EEPROM separately and if CCSLOAD initiates a bulk erase of the program memory it should work, but I don't know what CCSLOAD is doing.

Has anyone seen this problem with CCSLOAD before and maybe solved it?

Best Regards
nilsener
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: