CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Connection problem with CCS Loader with Pickit3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gaminid

Connection problem with CCS Loader with Pickit3
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:59 pm     Reply with quote

Hello,

I am having trouble programming 16F917 microcontroller with CCS device programmer using Microchip PicKit3 programmer. I can program the chip with MPLAB ICD2 without any problem with the CCS loader but when I replace ICD2 with PicKit3 (instead of MPLAB ICD2) the CCS loader complain about not being able to establish the connection with the chip displaying the following error dialog. I reinstalled the usb drivers (downloaded from CCS website) and still I have the same problem. Does the CCS loader support PicKit3? What am I doing wrong here? I don’t have any problem in programming with PicKit 3 with MPLAB IDE.

Error Message:
Software Dirver Not Found:
There is problem with the software installation. A required filing is missing or could not be loaded to start USB communication.
The file that could not be loaded is: ftd2xx.dll

However I can see that the file ftd2xx.dll is in C:\Program Files\PICC\USB Tools\i386

Any advice is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Gamini
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: