CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

12F675 message from MachX

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lsimaster

12F675 message from MachX
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:32 am     Reply with quote

In the past 6 months or so when I program a 12F675 via the MachX I get a message that says the target ID is RFPIC12F675 instead of the expected PIC12F675. The device programs OK when I tell it this is OK. Does anyone know what this is about? It is a nuisance. I can fix by changing the device file but would rather know what is going on.
lsimaster

discovered problem
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:44 pm     Reply with quote

I find that there is a part RFPIC12F675 that has 20 pins and includes an RF module. The parts I have are 8 pin but are identifying themselves as the 20 pin part. I am checking with Microchip to find out what's up. Has anyone encountered boot leg Microchip parts?
Joan

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:33 pm     Reply with quote

I have the same problem with ICD-U40 :

"The detected target name: RFPIC12F675 does not match code's target:12F675. Do you want to continue anyway?"

How to solve it?

RF12F675?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:03 am     Reply with quote

Temporarily just say yes because it will program OK. It's a problem if you have a lot of parts to do. The part that is ID'd is a valid part so if you change your #include to that part (RFPIC12f675K) the message will go away and the part will program. Microchip has a line of parts that use this core in combo with an RF module so the processor module is completely the same.

I have submitted a support ticket on this to Microchip and am waiting on a reply. Lately this takes a week or so.
lsimaster

Discussed problem with Microchip
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:15 am     Reply with quote

Microchip is sure that the ID mistake is not in the chip. After further experiment I also find problems with reading the Configuration Register so I think that this part and the Machx are having bit error problems. I have not been aware of any code errors so something is different about the device id and config messages. Possibly the length of my adapter cable is contributing but we use this as a standard adapter in all our products and this is the only one that is having the problem.

I tried changing the program algorithm from high speed to 3v/5v but it would not accept this option. I think lower speed would resolve the issue but that isn't an option. I am supplying power from the target so that isn't the problem either. Yesterday I programmed some boards that use the 12F629 and had no problems using the same adapter. Mystery unsolved.
lsimaster

PIC12F675 and rfPIC12F675K
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:25 am     Reply with quote

Microchip support has finally determined that the two parts have the same part ID. When the MACHX detects the part it must hit the rf version first in the sort. I assume the only way around this is to configure an rf12F675K in the code and learn to live with it. Otherwise you are stuck doing the extra click on every program cycle. The reason this only came up recently is the rf version wasn't in the previous software rev I was using. I recently had all three Machx's and another four ICD-U40's upgraded and that's when this showed up. Mystery solved.

If CCS is looking at this maybe you could make the program smart enough to go with the part that is identified in the program.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: