CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Problems with Ccsicd.dll crashing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haplo

Problems with Ccsicd.dll crashing
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 6:27 pm     Reply with quote

Hi
I'm using PCW IDE 3.23 and PCM 3.152. I've successfully programmed my ICD with the ICD-S firmware and everything seems to be fine(the ICD.EXE program seems to be happy). However when I choose 'Enable' from the 'Debug' window, after the Debugger window opens I get a message box saying:"Access violation at address 024D3009 in module 'Ccsicd.dll'. Write of address 00000FF.", And the status bar of the debugger window keeps showing 'Attaching' afterwards. It seems it never attaches to the ICD properly because none of the debug features become enabled. For example if I try to set a breakpoint, I'll get the folloing message:"Cannont perform command, the ICD is still executing the last command:DBG_ESTABLISH_COMUNICATION". It seems it never recovers from the crash in the DLL. Has anyone else had this problem before? I'm running Win2000 Service Pack 3 if that's any help. Thank you.

Ali

Re: Problems with Ccsicd.dll crashing
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 4:34 am     Reply with quote

Hi yer,

Yeah, i'm getting the same problem but I managed to save the 3.148 version and reverted back to that one for the time being.

TIM
:=Hi
:= I'm using PCW IDE 3.23 and PCM 3.152. I've successfully programmed my ICD with the ICD-S firmware and everything seems to be fine(the ICD.EXE program seems to be happy). However when I choose 'Enable' from the 'Debug' window, after the Debugger window opens I get a message box saying:"Access violation at address 024D3009 in module 'Ccsicd.dll'. Write of address 00000FF.", And the status bar of the debugger window keeps showing 'Attaching' afterwards. It seems it never attaches to the ICD properly because none of the debug features become enabled. For example if I try to set a breakpoint, I'll get the folloing message:"Cannont perform command, the ICD is still executing the last command:DBG_ESTABLISH_COMUNICATION". It seems it never recovers from the crash in the DLL. Has anyone else had this problem before? I'm running Win2000 Service Pack 3 if that's any help. Thank you.
:=
:=Ali

Re: Problems with Ccsicd.dll crashing
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 7:02 am     Reply with quote

I was having the same problem until I discovered there are two parts to the ICDS firmware. The firmware part and the bootloader part. Check out my "Using ICDS firmware on MPLAB-ICD mystery solved?" post on this page.

Mark

:=Hi
:= I'm using PCW IDE 3.23 and PCM 3.152. I've successfully programmed my ICD with the ICD-S firmware and everything seems to be fine(the ICD.EXE program seems to be happy). However when I choose 'Enable' from the 'Debug' window, after the Debugger window opens I get a message box saying:"Access violation at address 024D3009 in module 'Ccsicd.dll'. Write of address 00000FF.", And the status bar of the debugger window keeps showing 'Attaching' afterwards. It seems it never attaches to the ICD properly because none of the debug features become enabled. For example if I try to set a breakpoint, I'll get the folloing message:"Cannont perform command, the ICD is still executing the last command:DBG_ESTABLISH_COMUNICATION". It seems it never recovers from the crash in the DLL. Has anyone else had this problem before? I'm running Win2000 Service Pack 3 if that's any help. Thank you.
:=
:=Ali
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: