CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

3.3V CAN Transceiver?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ratgod

3.3V CAN Transceiver?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:01 am     Reply with quote

Hi There,
I'm doing great with CAN communications at 5V level, but can anyone sugest a CAN Transceiver that will work at 3.3V? the MCP2551 is only 4.5-5.5v range, yet Microchip have their CAN Pic's and MCP2515 with a range of 2.7-5.5V.

Hopefully, this isn't too off topic from CCS programming, but then again, the hardware will be using code compiled in CCS ;)

I would love to make a battery powered device with CAN on it, I have had a go at running PIC's of a 3v coin cell with happy results.
The only solution I have found so far is doing level conversion to between the CAN controller and CAN transceiver, but this defeats the whole point of the exercise.
I have even considered using an RS3232 and tapping into the boosted voltages and dividing it down with a potential divider to produce the 5v needed for the MCP2551, but I have not tested this theory. (I've used a MAX232 for creating a negative voltage for an old LCD's contrast though).

any sugestions?
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:01 am     Reply with quote

Have you looked at the Texas SN65HVD232?.

Best Wishes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: