CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

How to progam pic without erasing EEPROM with ICD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go
View previous topic :: View next topic  
csanders

How to progam pic without erasing EEPROM with ICD
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:42 am     Reply with quote

I am having 2 issues with an ICD-S40 programmer

Problem 1: When debugging in PCWH when the debugger is first enabled, is it possible to keep the ICD-S40 from overwriting stored values in the EEPROM on the PIC?

Problem 2: When programming the PIC from the ICD interface program (version: 2.72) I uncheck 'Data EEPROM' option under Erase & Burn in the Advanced section of the program. How can I get the ICD to retain these values? If I close the ICD application & start it again this setting is lost.

In an older version 2.51 this setting was retained. Why not in version 2.72?

Any one else experience this problem?

Thanks
dgi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:58 am     Reply with quote

I'm having the same problem today. I set the loader program to not erase the data EEPROM and it erases it anyway.

I had had this problem with earlier versions of the ICD program, and I never resolved the issue. But for the past 2 weeks I have been using version 4.009 of ccsload, and it was very good at not erasing the EEPROM when I didn't want it to. I never saw it erase the data without my permission.

But when I updated to version 4.010 today, it is back to forgetting my settings, and randomly erasing the data eeprom. Does anyone else have this problem or a solution?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: