CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

How to connect a PIC24H device to the ICD-U programmer/debug

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PIC24Hnewbee

How to connect a PIC24H device to the ICD-U programmer/debug
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:16 am     Reply with quote

Hi,
I plan to use a PIC24H (PIC24HJ32GP304) in a new design. I have the ICD-U40 programmer/debugger hardware.
How do I connect the ICD to the PIC?
Is still right to use the RB6 (ICSP Clock), RB7 (ICSP Data) and the RB (for "special" debugging)?
I think NO: the PIC24H has more possibilities for ICSP data (RB0, RB5, RB10) and ICSP clock (RB1, RB6, RB11). This should be no problem. BUT: how do I connect the former RB3 pin?

Thank you very much for your help!

Stefan
FvM

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:21 pm     Reply with quote

Hello,

as the PIC24 device manuals tell, any of the three pairs of debugging clock/data pins can be used:

PGC1/EMUC1 and PGD1/EMUD1
PGC2/EMUC2 and PGD2/EMUD2
PGC3/EMUC3 and PGD3/EMUD3

On some devices, the selection of a debugging pair may be incompatible with the usage of particular resources during debug. You should consult the manuals and also the errata sheets in this regard.

ICD-U40 "adavanced debugging pin" is connected to a software UART and thus generally selectable. I think, you can use any pin for this purpose. Hopefully, ICD-U40 software is fully supporting your PIC24H device.

Regards,
Frank
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: