CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Problem with Load-N-Go

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jochen Kochner

Problem with Load-N-Go
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:46 am     Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm using the CCS Compiler V4.077 as a Plug-In in the MPLAB IDE V8.14. I can load the application about the MPLAB ICD2 into the PIC24. Laughing

But if I want to use the Load-N-Go to load the same application into the PIC24, I get no error (the green LED is flickering until the green LED is ON) but the application is not running. Crying or Very sad

Could somebody help me, please?

Regards
Jochen
FvM

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:38 pm     Reply with quote

Hello,

One possible reason is by the fact, that PCD sets a PIC24F reserved fuse to a value different than requested by Microchip. See the recent PIC24 ICD-U40 thread. This is apparently one reason, why a PIC24F can't be programmed succesful (=operating afterwards) by a ICD-U40. ICD 2 corrects the fuse value, but I guess, Load-n-go also doesn't.

Regards,
Frank
Jochen Kochner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:46 am     Reply with quote

Hallo Frank,

Thank you very much for your answer.

But this means that there is a bug in the Load-n-Go Tool.
I have downloaded the newest version of the Load-n-go firmware (3.11) but without success!

Do you know a other way to use the Load-n-Go successfully for a PIC24?

Regards
Jochen
FvM

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:51 am     Reply with quote

Hello Jochen,

as I said,I had similar problems with ICD-U40. I'm normally using MLAB and ICD-2 for debugging purposes, but cause the customer has a number of ICD-U40, I tried it too with PIC24F. I found, that it isn't working yet.

There have been other issues with incorrect support of the PIC24FJ192GA106 before, that have been (in part ?) fixed with the most recent ICD software. Finally the chip could be programmed but the code didn't run. Although ICD 2 verified the image, I could see by comparing the readback, that one configuration bit was different. Im only guessing, that this is the reason for the problem. Cause I don't need to use the ICD-U40, I wasn't motivated to spend more time on this issue. (I was busy with PCD bugs anyway).

But I expect, that CCS will trace the existing bug reports and make a corrected programming software avavilable, someday.

Cause your case may be different, I suggest to verify and possibly readback the CCS programmed flash image. If it's also a problem of configuration words, setting the Microchip required bit value in the hex file may help.

Regards,
Frank
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: