CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Without ICD connected Program Doesn't Function Correctly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Without ICD connected Program Doesn't Function Correctly
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:31 am     Reply with quote

I am having troubles with getting my program to function correctly. The program works perfectly fine when the ICD programmer is connected in circuit (the debugger is not being used so that's not the problem), it doesn't even have to be on in fact. As long as the programmer is connected to the mod cable the program functions correctly regardless of whether the programmer is connected to the computer or not. When I remove the connection for in circuit programming with the programmer the PIC still powers up and works fine for a little bit but there is some sort of glitch that makes it restart.

More specifically this is what happens with the program:
the program starts off by calling a function to get input from the user via a potentiometer dial which translates to a numerical value which is displayed on a 2 digit 7-segment LED. The user presses a pushbutton to read in the displayed value into a specified variable which will be used later in the program. The program does this 4 more times with different variables. When the function returns (it is a void function because global variables were used) it should move on and turn on a pump and switch some solenoid valves on. When the ICD is connected, the function returns these variables and the program runs fine. When the ICD is not connected for whatever reason the program resets itself and starts over again. I imagine it has something to do with the capacitance or inductance of the programmer but I don't know much about electronics, just enough to get by with creating the circuit. If anyone has an idea of what I can do to allow my PIC to run correctly by itself please let me know. Thanks
PCM programmer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:19 pm     Reply with quote

Read this thread:
http://www.ccsinfo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28356
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: