CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

[OT] micro-amp switches

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Sacamano

[OT] micro-amp switches
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:11 pm     Reply with quote

My search for switches that can be used on currents in the microamp range is proving fruitless. I need something that's readily available in the US and relatively inexpensive. I don't think we care that much about the package although it should be something in the plunger type (to detect if a door is open or closed). The most important feature is the ability to conduct microamp currents.

Of course, I did the obligatory digikey and google searches but I'll admit that I'm not the best digikey searcher ever and google wasn't particularly helpful.

Does anybody have a suggestion for a particular manufacturer or supplier to investigate?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:18 pm     Reply with quote

Bob: Are you looking for a room door switch? If so then the lowest cost / easiest things to install that I have seen are the magnet / reed switch type.

Alarm companies use these by the thousands and I'm bet home depot has them for prototyping probably Radio Shack also. If you are looking for a cabniet safety interlock - a plunger is a sure bet but if this is a safety interlock - don't cheap out on it.

My 2 cents worth - your mileage may vary.

Steve H.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: