CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

PIC for Internet purpose?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
June

PIC for Internet purpose?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 4:33 am     Reply with quote

<font face="Courier New" size=-1>Dear all,

When I read the PCM examples given by CCS. I found there is one DNS Server file. I think it is used for internet purpose. Anyone can tell me more about using PIC to 'ONLINE'? Where to get the tutorial or source for this topic?

Thanks, have a nice day...

Regards: June,</font>

Re: PIC for Internet purpose?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 7:37 am     Reply with quote

:=<font face="Courier New" size=-1>Dear all,
:=
:= When I read the PCM examples given by CCS. I found there is one DNS Server file. I think it is used for internet purpose. Anyone can tell me more about using PIC to 'ONLINE'? Where to get the tutorial or source for this topic?
:= Thanks, have a nice day...
:=Regards: June,</font>

You might start by searching this board for "tcp/ip" or "internet" or other appropriate keywords. Then search Microchip's website for their PICdem.net. It is a demo board for connecting a PIC to an ethernet and ultimately to the internet. CCS has an embedded internet prototyping board on this website in the "Hardware" section. It uses RS232 for it's connection to the outside world.

You could also look for a copy of Jeremy Bentham's book "TCP/IP Lean" which details connecting a PIC to the internet. This book is included with the PICdem.net from Microchip. There is an FAQ on this board about using this demo board with the latest version (3.xxx) of the CCS C compiler.

Good luck and have fun.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: