CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

pH indicator fruit

View previous topic :: View next topic  
matcobra

pH indicator fruit
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:24 am     Reply with quote

Hello, I'm new with this PIC stuff, so can anyone help me in writing the coding for my project that has been told in the subject above:

The components/things for my project are:
1) pic16f877a
2) lcd 16x2
3)p H analog circuit as the input for PIC.

The parameters that i need to shown on my lcd are:
1) pH value for fruit, which means, 1V from pH analog circuit for 1pH in lcd and it also shown the condition of fruits.

example:

*lcd screen....

PH:7 "sweetness"

if PH:2 "sourness"

p/s: I'm sorry because I'm not good in english, and I hope anyone can help me for my project, thank you.
ezflyr

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:41 pm     Reply with quote

Hi,

The forum is full of examples of similar projects, so you're going to have to take some initiative and write some code yourself. Once you've done that, we'll all be glad to help you get it running!

Why did you chose the 16F877A? It's probably a lot more than you need (I/O-wise), but it will work fine. A chip like the 16F628A would probably be my choice for a project like this.

Start by looking at PCM's Flex_LCD driver. This will get you going with the LCD in short order. Once you can get characters to display on the LCD, you'll need to learn how to make an analog reading with the PIC, and then scale the reading to a PH value. Lastly you'll need some logic to display the message you need.

The best way to learn CCS C is by doing, and this is a fairly simple project that will get you started.

I assume that you are actually planning to do this in real hardware? If you are only planning a Proteus simulation, you'll probably get a whole lot less interest.

John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: