CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

A Little help in getting started

View previous topic :: View next topic  
farhanm

A Little help in getting started
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:21 pm     Reply with quote

hi,
I have been searching around on this forum and found it really interesting. Though i found some hep on how to go about my project , I would really appreciate if u guys could porbably guide be in the right direction.

What i need/plan to do

First Part

Data= information from a sensor, and is not more than 2kb

Data comes in and is supplied to PIC18F452 through serial port

PIC18452 then supplies this data to a GSM modem connected to it through another Serial port.

GSM Modem (Enfora SA-GL 1812) connects to the internet using GPRS and uploads the data to a web server (FTP).

This proceedure has to be follwoed every 15 secs.

Second Part: (heres where i am a bit puzzled)

some other Data from central webserver has to be sent back to the PIC18f452 so that it can manipulate it.

My analysis

I have worked with PIC18F452 and done little projects on it, but do not have any experience of serial communication. I have read about alot of stuff here and currently working on my skills on communicating with PIC18F452 and GSM modem thourgh serial.

Here are a few queries that i have.

Q1. Can we use the GPRS to upload the data as i have expalined above? if so help regarding this will be greatly appreciated.

Q2. what will be the best way to recieve the data back from the central server.

Hoping for a quick reply.

Re: A Little help in getting started
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:33 am     Reply with quote

farhanm wrote:
hi,
I have been searching around on this forum and found it really interesting. Though i found some hep on how to go about my project , I would really appreciate if u guys could porbably guide be in the right direction.

What i need/plan to do

First Part

Data= information from a sensor, and is not more than 2kb

Data comes in and is supplied to PIC18F452 through serial port

PIC18452 then supplies this data to a GSM modem connected to it through another Serial port.

GSM Modem (Enfora SA-GL 1812) connects to the internet using GPRS and uploads the data to a web server (FTP).

This proceedure has to be follwoed every 15 secs.

Second Part: (heres where i am a bit puzzled)

some other Data from central webserver has to be sent back to the PIC18f452 so that it can manipulate it.

My analysis

I have worked with PIC18F452 and done little projects on it, but do not have any experience of serial communication. I have read about alot of stuff here and currently working on my skills on communicating with PIC18F452 and GSM modem thourgh serial.

Here are a few queries that i have.

Q1. Can we use the GPRS to upload the data as i have expalined above? if so help regarding this will be greatly appreciated.

Q2. what will be the best way to recieve the data back from the central server.

Hoping for a quick reply.

Hi farhanm:
I am trying to make a connection with the Enfora GSM1218, still with Hyperterminal, and want to send UDP messages for an aplication like TFTP with the information, but i'm unable to do it.
If you could tell me wich steps I have to follow to do it or else if you could tell me how to do an FTP I would appreciate it.
Best regards
Ezequiel

PS: Sorry for my English, I am an Argentinian Student
arunb

RE:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:10 pm     Reply with quote

Hi,

You need to interface to a LAN network for this, you could use the ENC28J60 for this purpose, but you would also need a TCP/IP stack to send and receive ethernet packets, and also for supporting protocls such as FTP, UDP TCP etc.

Fortunately microchip has a free to download TCP/IP stack, apart from this you would need to make the hardware, for more help you could see Microchip's Discussion forum on ethernet

thanks
arunb
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: