CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

ICDU40 & ICD.exe locks up computer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go
View previous topic :: View next topic  
newguy

ICDU40 & ICD.exe locks up computer
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:00 pm     Reply with quote

- New HP desktop running Win XP media center
- CCS ICDU40, with firmware upgraded to latest version
- Not sure of ICD.exe version, because it keeps locking up the computer. I'm using PCWH v. 3.236.

A couple of days ago I used the ICDU40 on this same computer to program a board with a 18F2680 on it. Worked fine at the time. When I was done, I closed ICD.exe by clicking on the big X in the top right of the window. I left the ICDU40 plugged in to the computer.

Some time later, I tried starting ICD.exe again, and my computer locked up tighter than a drum. No response from it at all. Ctrl-Alt-Del didn't work - nothing. Had to manually cycle its power.

I've since tried to start ICD.exe several times with exactly the same result - a locked computer.

Any idea what could be wrong?
steve

I got the same problem
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:48 pm     Reply with quote

Hi, I got the same problem. Please help.
newguy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:12 pm     Reply with quote

The issue was with a corrupt/non-functional 3rd party PCI serial card. Once I figured that out, everything worked fine.

The ICD software will first try to communicate with the ICD unit via RS232, if your computer has a serial port(s). Once it tries them, it then switches to the USB port. My problem was that since the RS232 port wasn't completely working, the initial call to it would hang the computer. I later found that other programs such as the CCS serial port monitor would also hang the computer. CCS helped me to realize the ultimate problem by providing a modified ICD.exe file that did not try to access the serial port, but instead went straight to the USB port.

Hope this helps you sort out your issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: