CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Problem programing PIC18F2620

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go
View previous topic :: View next topic  
catilo

Problem programing PIC18F2620
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:03 pm     Reply with quote

Hello all,
I'm having a big problem when I try to program the device 18f2620 with the ICD1. I have compiled a simple application with CCS compiler and once the chip has been programed I see verification errors, better telling the device is not programed at all, all program memory stays as from factory (FF).
I have checked for hardware problems in the ICD and the target but everything is ok. I'm using CCS version 3.235.
I have seen that the voltage at pin MCLR should be for this device as much as 13.25 volts, I'm having 13.31 volts at programing time, could this be the problem, i.e. my device is broken. I have checked the target with the ICD test program and still works.
I will appreciate your help a lot since this is part of my degree thesys and I have a blocking issue here.

Thanks in advance,Alejandro.
PCM programmer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:58 am     Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm having a big problem when I try to program the device 18f2620.

The Help window in MPLAB has a section on that problem. It says:
Quote:

PIC18FXX20/XX31 Limitations:

You must connect the AVDD and AVSS pins for the device to program.
catilo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:29 pm     Reply with quote

Thanks PCM. I have found, like many others before me, that CCS IDE versions previous to 2.249 have several bugs with PIC18F2620 and ICD. I have downloaded CCS IDE version 2.249 and now the microcontroller's FLASH has been burned correctly.

At the CCS web page we can see the last bug/release report:

3.249 A debugger problem with PIC18 is fixed

In order to programming the device correctly and enable the ICD functionallity you should go to the device editor, select pic18f2620 and edit the field "programming" and choose the correct device.

Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: