CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

need an urgent help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr.sony

need an urgent help
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:10 pm     Reply with quote

hi there
i am trying to interface pic18lf252 with rx1-173.250-10 and tx1-173.250-10(Radiometrix) so i can send 10 bit word throught them, and i have no idea what to do, can someone help me with that please.
ckielstra

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:35 am     Reply with quote

Please be a bit more specific when asking questions and you will get more and better responses.

What is your problem exactly? Do you have problems in connecting the hardware or do you have problems in setting up the software? What did you try already and what were the results? Were you able to transmit any data at all?
Standard data transmission is in 8-bit quantities, 10-bits is less common and a bit harder to realise, why do you want to do this? What is this application going to be used for? Etc.

People in this forum are willing to help you but also tend to only help people who have tried to help themselves first.
Mr.sony

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:23 am     Reply with quote

Firstly thanks for your replay.
Secondly my project is about wireless ECG monitoring, i have an analogue signal in range of 0 to 1.5V that is applied to pic18lf252 to be converted into 10bit digital word, which should be transmitted and received wirelessly, i was asked to use TX1-173.250-10 and RX1-173.250-10, and i was told by my supervisor that i have to write an assembly code that will control both TX1 and RX1 to transmit and receive the data, and honestly i am not good at all in writing codes specially with assembly language.

if you need more details tell me.
hope someone can help me....
thanks
ckielstra

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:42 pm     Reply with quote

From what understand you have nothing except a project description, that's too much for me to answer here in my little spare time. I'm willing to help you solve a particular problem, but I can't do a whole project.

Regarding the assembly language requirement... You are here at the CCS forum, a C compiler. I'm curious why you ask your questions here? I don't want to chase you away, but just want to make sure where we are standing. Do you have access to a C compiler, or do you think you can persuade your supervisor to buy a license? Assembly language is a possible approach and a free assembler is available from Microchip, but C is easier and faster to program in.

Try to break your whole project into smaller pieces until the pieces are so small that you see a way to implement them. For example leave the wireless transmission out at first; try to send a 10-bit value from the PIC to a PC over RS-232. Then add reading from the ADC. Continue expanding your system until you finally replace the RS-232 wire by the wireless modules.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: