CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Problem with Borland Builder 6
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yolanda1

Problem with Borland Builder 6
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:38 pm     Reply with quote

Hi

I make this code in Builder 6 :
//******************************************************
HANDLE h_read,h_write;
DWORD qty,nbytes,result,millisecs,tlen;
unsigned char data[3];
boolean closed_ok;

qty = MPUSBGetDeviceCount("vid_04d8&pid_0011");
Form1->Memo1->Lines->Add("Founds " + IntToStr(qty)+" Devices");

h_write = MPUSBOpen(0,"vid_04d8&pid_00011","\\MCHP_EP1",0,0); // Write
h_read = MPUSBOpen(0,"vid_04d8&pid_0011","\\MCHP_EP1",1,0); // Read

if (h_read != NULL){Form1->Memo1->Lines->Add("Open by Read OK");}
if (h_write != NULL){Form1->Memo1->Lines->Add("Open by Write OK");}

millisecs=1000;
data[0]=0x01; // led mode
data[1]=0x02; // 0= leds off

nbytes=0;
tlen=2;
result=MPUSBWrite(h_write, &data, tlen, &nbytes ,millisecs);
Form1->Memo1->Lines->Add(nbytes);
Form1->Memo1->Lines->Add(result);

closed_ok=MPUSBClose(h_write);
if (closed_ok== true){Form1->Memo1->Lines->Add("Closed by Write OK");}
closed_ok=MPUSBClose(h_read);
if (h_read != NULL){Form1->Memo1->Lines->Add("Closed by Read OK");}
//***************************************************************

All work Ok, except MPUSBWrite() function
result and nbytes allways = 0.
This indicate function not work

Need help by solve this

Yolanda
dyeatman

Lets PLEASE get back to CCS C!!!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:50 pm     Reply with quote

OK folks... this is getting absurd!

I seems this board has shifted from CCS C to C18 to VB
and NOW Builder 6.

When are we going to stop this and get this board back to stuff related to CCS C where it belongs ...?

Before long we will be doing projects for all comers on any language or hardware!! At one time we basically didn't do school projects for people from scratch but it has gradually shifted further and further in that direction.

I for one feel this board needs to stay on topic as a CCS C Programmer resource and not a become place to get your school project done for you!

Time was when we found it was a school project or NOT CCS C we told them to go elsewhere and come back when they had some CCS code that needed to be debugged.
yolanda1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:08 pm     Reply with quote

Hi guy

Wath is you problem ?

This is a forum or not

Yolanda
SherpaDoug

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:14 pm     Reply with quote

It is a forum for the CCS C compilers for PIC microcontrollers. It is not a general C programming forum.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:23 pm     Reply with quote

Ok well

And this post ?

http://www.ccsinfo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24298
MikeValencia

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:40 pm     Reply with quote

The way I see it, anything related to CCS, PICs, hardware connected to a PIC, and even PC-based software that is supposed to work with a PIC (e.g. USB host software) is fair game here.

yolanda1 wrote:
Hi guy

Wath is you problem ?

This is a forum or not

Yolanda

But with that last post, I think even if you were on-topic, no one might help you now. Embarassed
yolanda1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:18 pm     Reply with quote

Hi

Thanks Mike

Single I need a little aid
dyeatman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:38 pm     Reply with quote

Quote:
I seems this board has shifted from CCS C to C18 to VB
and NOW Builder 6.

The above line is exactly my point, this is NOT a Visual Basic forum. I contend this is forum for CCS C and CLOSELY RELATED issues. I dont agree that Visual Basic on the PC has anything to do with CCS C. I would also contend once the user has PIC RS232 talking to the PC via hyperterminal or something similar it is beyond the scope of this forum unless they are talking about CCS C on the PIC handling the data format being transmitted, NOT the code that created it. Otherwise they need to go to a VB forum. Unfortunately USB is a little more complicated to draw a clean line...but I feel the user needs to start by using the CCS provided USB software and get that working first. After that, when it gets more complicated, they then go to the proper forum.

There are hundreds of other forums dedicated to VB, Builder and dozens of other languages. For example I just finished a project where I have TCL/TK talking to a PIC but I didn't mention TCL/TK here because TCL/TK is off-topic in this forum. I went to the TCL Wiki to discuss my issues NOT here.

My point has been made and I am done...sorry to all of you who had to put up with this, it seems to happen every so often... Blessed is the CCS C programmer!
J1M

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:58 pm     Reply with quote

please dyeatman read this:

General CCS C Discussion
General discussions related to using the CCS C compiler in your Microchip PICmicro MCU designs. Also any discussion related to embedded systems programming and design.

"Also any discussion related to embedded systems programming and design."

Yolanda has a problem with PIC Programming DLL by microchip, and its in topic of this forum.

Next time, my dear friend dyeatman, please, simply shut up, and dont reply this way.............................................

regards.
TheLittleGuy

Troublesome questions...
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:23 am     Reply with quote

Isn't it amazing have p.ss.d off some people get when others ask for help on RELATED topics. If you can't help, then don't answer the post, but don't throw all you toys out the cot. This is directed to Mark (remember the snotty comment CDC incident), dyeatman and SherpaDoug - You guys might be experts at everything related to Embedded control, pics, programming, PCs, electronics , life the universe and everything, and we respect you for that; but you must remember that the rest of us are not?

So please let the rest of us non-expert little people help one another as best we can. Mr. Green
rnielsen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:41 am     Reply with quote

I see it this way....

Somebody comes along, looking for a 'C' programming forum. Reads a bit about what is discussed here and realizes that there are some pretty smart people here (myself excluded Shocked ). Without knowing that it is a fairly specialized forum, he posts a question on a topic that he desperately needs help with, hoping that somebody here will have the answer.

Now, with all of the vast knowledge that cruises this board, somebody will probably answer his question. If the 'cry for help' just happens to not be 'in topic', sometimes somebody that is having a bad day or simply stepped in a pile of dog crap might decide to vent his frustrations out on this innocent person that is asking for help.

There are, however, many good people that frequent this board that will answer whatever question they can whether it is 'in topic' or not. I, myself, have asked questions that don't pertain to PIC's but other types of hardware problems. Luckily, many have been kind enough to help out if they know the answer.

People will visit this board without the full knowledge of what it was intended for and post a question. If it shouldn't be posted here then the proper thing to do is to 'nicely' explain they are in the wrong place and allow them to leave in peace without being burned at the stake. Even an occasional Russian posting can present a humorous moment for many of us 'cubicle slaves'. Wink

Ronald
sseidman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:17 am     Reply with quote

rnielsen wrote:
I see it this way....

People will visit this board without the full knowledge of what it was intended for and post a question. If it shouldn't be posted here then the proper thing to do is to 'nicely' explain they are in the wrong place and allow them to leave in peace without being burned at the stake. Even an occasional Russian posting can present a humorous moment for many of us 'cubicle slaves'. Wink

Ronald

Also, there's been some tendency to humor very basic requests along the lines of "teach me embedded programming". There's a huge difference between asking "How do I implement an interrupt in CCS?" and "What's an interrupt?," "What's a bootloader?" and the like.

I think we'd be all be better off with a sticky message that points to some of the really good tutorials that are out there than to humor such requests. Those trying to learn would have a direct link to those sites designed to help them learn. When the questions get too basic, we could gently push people to the getting started message. When the newbies have read enough of the tutorials to understand the answers to the questions they need answered, and even more importantly, to form good questions, they'll have a much better time on the board.
PCM programmer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:25 am     Reply with quote

Darren was trying to be nice when he wrote that statement.

The C18 stuff is definitely an abuse of the forum. Someone gets
a free compiler (for a while) from Microchip, and then he doesn't
like their forum, so he goes to a competitor's and uses it instead.

It costs CCS money to keep this server going. We actually pay
for it with our yearly maintenance payments. So the C18 people
are actually ripping us off.

Mike V., if the forum went the way that you say in your post, the
huge number of students that just went back to school in September
would turn this into a non-CCS forum very shortly.

Darren was intending to be nice. I don't think he intended for CCS
to become a student's general resource.
Humberto

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:31 am     Reply with quote

I suscribe 100% rnielsen comments and point of view. Idea

This recurrent discusion had been present in this forum lately, I also remember
the time when we discussed the way to split this forum into different topics.
Lately beginners questions had populated this forum asking all kinds of basics C
related questions. This is not a minor issue, this feedback has a direct relationship with
the amount of students using CCS compiler in different teaching levels.
If CCS deliver a Compiler packet targeted to students and beginners, it is not the time
to open a new forum to give some helps to them ?

My poor 0.02c (Pesos Argentinos) Wink

Humberto

Last edited by Humberto on Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
MikeValencia

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:40 am     Reply with quote

I see now how my previous comment might encourage this forum to turn into a chaotic free-for-all.

I think the frustration here has a lot to do, not with the students returning to school in September as you said, but rather the summer school students who are screwed with only a few days left in the summer term.

I don't know what they've learned all summer long, with 1-2 weeks left to complete (or in other words, "start") their semester-long project, they apparently don't know the difference between CCS and C18 or HT-PICC. So they troll here and at the Microchip website's forums hoping to find someone who'll write their code for them.

You can smell such desperation and immaturity a mile away. That's different from the inquisitive individual who already has their PIC-based USB device working, and wants to be well-rounded by asking about supplementary texts to write the corresponding PC-based host USB code.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: