CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

how to program PIC10 with ICD-U 40??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PicoAmp

how to program PIC10 with ICD-U 40??
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 7:46 pm     Reply with quote

Not sure if it is at all possible to use ICD-U 40 with PIC10Fxxx. Can it work, or do I need to get ICD 2?

ICD-U 40 pretends that it does not recognize my PIC10F206.
Yendor

ICD-U40 and PIC10F/PIC12F chips
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:45 pm     Reply with quote

I had the same problem, so I bought the BaseLine Flash Programmer from Microchip. It was $16 and works great.
djpark

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 11:17 pm     Reply with quote

Has anyone ever successfully programmed PIC10F20x with ICD-U40 yet?

I bought a ICD-U40 after reading the CCS web page saying that it can program PIC10F20x but with the note that it will not auto detect.

So I used "ICD Control program V2.30" with ICD firmware v01.39 and assigned device to PIC10F202 and PIC10F206 I tried from the "Advanced" button.

But when I tried to "Download to Target" the hex file, it complains "Could not detect target chip" and refused to go further.

I am wondering if it is actually possible to program these 10F20x chips.

-- dj

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:38 pm     Reply with quote

You would need to assign the chip in advanced window(since the device has no hardware device id) by selecting the chip from the list box and clicking on assign button. Then use the button from hex file in the write section in the same window to program the chip. The assignment is only valid in the advanced window and the software will try to redetect the chip if you close the advanced window.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: