CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

i HAD Icd-40u working.... Huge driver problem now

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iso9001

i HAD Icd-40u working.... Huge driver problem now
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:33 pm     Reply with quote

So when I first got my ICD40U (few weeks ago) it worked fine, plugged it in, installed the drivers on the CD and vroom.

I dont know what could have happened, but now it doesnt work. So I try reinstalling the driver. It takes a second and then says the are no drivers for my hardware.

Odd.

I got USBView and found this:

idVendor: 0x0403 (Future Technology Devices International Limited)
idProduct: 0x6010

Now, I'm not certain but I thought that the default for icd was 6001 (maybe I'm wrong), but thats what the unistall ini has listed (403 and 6001).

So I took the driver and modified it from F9D1 to 6010 and tried it again. Works, at least to install the driver.

Neither ICD or PCW read the device, so I'm no closer now other then in device manager I have it changed from USB<->Dual Serial (w/ a warning) to CCS ICD-U40 in the USB tree.

Any idea as to whats going on here / How to fix it ??? I missed a UPS shipment today because I couldn't get a modual programmed !

Almost forgot: Using XP. Also when I move the icd to different ports in needs me to reinstall the drivers again, thats not right is it ?
Mark

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:45 pm     Reply with quote

when I move the icd to different ports in needs me to reinstall the drivers again, thats not right is it ?

Yes

Why not try a system restore point?
iso9001

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:55 pm     Reply with quote

Doesnt work.

ICD does the same thing in another PC that i know it also used to work on.

What is the default PID for the unit ?

If mine got changed somehow (HOW?) then that would explain why the drivers no longer work and maybe why even with the driver installed why PCW cant open the port ?

Whats puzzling is that the driver no longer work unmoddified.
iso9001

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:52 pm     Reply with quote

Is the default PID for the ICD-40U:

F9D1
or
6010 ??

The driver says to install at F9D1, but the uninstaller looks for 6001 Shocked (?)

Maybe mine just got glitched or somthing back to the FTDI default value which apears to be 6010.... I'm not sure how that would be possible, but whatever.

If the value is not supposed to be 6010 then I think I could just use MProg to set it back to whatever it should be no ?
rwyoung

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:01 am     Reply with quote

iso9001 wrote:
Is the default PID for the ICD-40U:

F9D1
or
6010 ??

The driver says to install at F9D1, but the uninstaller looks for 6001 Shocked (?)

Maybe mine just got glitched or somthing back to the FTDI default value which apears to be 6010.... I'm not sure how that would be possible, but whatever.

If the value is not supposed to be 6010 then I think I could just use MProg to set it back to whatever it should be no ?

From the ICD-U40 on my desk, VID = 0x0403 and PID = 0xF9D1

If you have been playing around with mprog.exe and other FTDI tools for programing things and left the ICD-U40 plugged in it is quite possible you hammered its eeprom.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:09 am     Reply with quote

No, I posted that I have done NOTHING to it. It worked for awhile then does not. I take a look in usbview and it says 6010.

What the hell, it cant change itself.

I have been programming for a FT245 using the java wrapper for the D2XX drivers, but there has been NO writing or reading to the eeprom what so ever, in fact I havn't even got it working at all yet.

Can anyone else cornfirm its supposed to be 0xF9D1 ?
rwyoung

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:59 am     Reply with quote

I can pull a copy of the eeprom template from mine and email to you. If Darren Rook is watching, is this a violation of copyright since we both own units?

If this is a problem, then CCS can probably send you the template file to reload with MPROG yourself.

Is 0x6010 the "recovery" PID used to "trick" WinXP SP2 into not automatically making the device a serial port?

SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 12:09 pm     Reply with quote

SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED SOLVEDSOLVED SOLVED SOLVED

I still have no idea how it happened but the PID in the icd got changed (i swear it as NOT me) to 6010. Which is not even a default PID for that 232unit.

Anyway. Using FTXXXXST (you cant use Mprog) you can change the eeprom data to what it should be (contact ccs).

I tried MProg and had no luck because the device MUST be programmed with a blank serial number, MProg wont let you do this. If you assign it a S/N, PCW will NOT find the unit.

That means that not only is CCS searching for the icd by VID, but also PID, as well as S/N. It seems like the problems people are having with the FTDI chips have nothing to do with the config, more likely a driver problem.

If you're drivers won't recognise the ICD, use usbview to check the vid pid, its should be 0403/F9D1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: