CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

CCS Debug Won't Run

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go
View previous topic :: View next topic  
david

CCS Debug Won't Run
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:28 pm     Reply with quote

Just received my developement kit. I'm stuck at the compiling and running demo 3 program. The protoboard checks out fine. I can single step the program and the leds light but I cannot get it to run using the green go icon.
Haplo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:43 am     Reply with quote

Give us more information...what happens when you press the 'GO' button?
david

The GO button doesn't appear to do anything
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:54 am     Reply with quote

The bottom of the debug status bar is supposed to turn yellow when running, I believe, but it doesn't. I've tried simple programs that do nothing more than turn an led on and off with a delay. I can single step through it fine but can't run it. I was really pumped getting this kit this weekend and wanted to have some fun but darn can't run anything. I'm sure that there is some setting in the debugger that isn't right but what? I ran the ICD program and everything checks fine with the protoboard. Also, this proto board is the 18F6720. Also I'm running XP.
david

Nore thoughts
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:05 am     Reply with quote

When I hit go the status bar flashes blue and says busy. Then it comes right back to Ready MCU at 20Mhz. If I single step through it will end up in my endless loop at the end of the program and the status bar is yellow and says running. Actually it says running when every line is executed.

In Programmer/Debugger Options it has

Device Programmer

Name command line

warp-13 ........warp13.exe

icd .........iced.exe

Debugger

mplab .........mplab.exe

I don't understand why mplab appears in this setup. I don't have it installed on this machine.
Mark

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:45 am     Reply with quote

Make sure that you don't have the WDT enabled and forget to restart it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: