CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Help on integrating MEPLAB ICD2 with CCS compiler

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronald

Help on integrating MEPLAB ICD2 with CCS compiler
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:56 am     Reply with quote

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to integrate MPELAB ICD2 with CCS compiler?
My target board has a PIC16F877 and a 20Mhz Oscillator.

If someone could just give me the first few preprocessor lines needed, i would be most grateful!

Thanks in advance
Mark

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:44 am     Reply with quote

Not sure what you mean by
Quote:
integrate MPELAB ICD2 with CCS compiler

I am assuming you are talking about a Microchip ICD2. If so, look in your example folder and you will find tons of examples showing how to setup up a file.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:50 am     Reply with quote

Hi Ronald,

I haven't worked with Microchip's ICD2 but I have used an ICD2 made by Olimex which is compatible.
I think you should ensure the following :

1. Include the line #device ICD=TRUE in your program
2. In Project -> Build options, check that "Compile for use with ICD debugger" is on
3. In configure - > configuration bits set the correct bits (for eg. if your target board has a crystal oscillator, then select 'XT' for oscillator. Look for these instructions in the MPLAB ICD2 manual(DS51331A).You can download it from Microchip site.Also ensure that watchdog timer is disabled and background debug is enabled in the configuration bits setting.
4. After you establish communication with the ICD over either USB or COM port, build your project, program the hex file using Debugger -> Program .Look for any errors reported carefully and redo if required.
5 .Then run it by Debugger -> Run

Paresh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:51 am     Reply with quote

Hi Ronald,

I haven't worked with Microchip's ICD2 but I have used an ICD2 made by Olimex which is compatible.
I think you should ensure the following :

1. Include the line #device ICD=TRUE in your program
2. In Project -> Build options, check that "Compile for use with ICD debugger" is on
3. In configure - > configuration bits set the correct bits (for eg. if your target board has a crystal oscillator, then select 'XT' for oscillator. Look for these instructions in the MPLAB ICD2 manual(DS51331A).You can download it from Microchip site.Also ensure that watchdog timer is disabled and background debug is enabled in the configuration bits setting.
4. After you establish communication with the ICD over either USB or COM port, build your project, program the hex file using Debugger -> Program .Look for any errors reported carefully and redo if required.
5 .Then run it by Debugger -> Run

Paresh
Barney

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:00 pm     Reply with quote

Paresh,

I followed your directions for my Microchip ICD2 and they worked like a champ. Thanks

Barney
ronald

Thanks a million
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:35 pm     Reply with quote

Thanks Paresh! Ticked the compile with ICD box and that did the trick.

Many thanks!

ronald
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: