CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

oscilator type

View previous topic :: View next topic  
young

oscilator type
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:19 pm     Reply with quote

IN Oscilator selection part in programmer, there are LP,XT,HS,ECI/O, RC I/O, RC CLKOUT, INTRC I/O, INTRC CLKOUT. what does each of them specify? I have a ZTT-4 Oscilator, which one does it belong to?
Konrad

Oscilator
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:47 pm     Reply with quote

Xt standard xtal
HS xtal over 4MHz
RC resistor capacitor
EC external xtal
INTRC internal rc

What is a ZZT-4 Oscilator. If it is a single output from a module choose EC.
rwyoung

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:44 pm     Reply with quote

If the part you are describing has 3 pins all emerging from the same side of the part, the part is brown, yellow or blue and looks like an overlarge dipped capacitor it is probably a 3-terminal ceramic resinator with built in capacitors.

ZIT-4 is a marking for either ECS or Murrata brand parts (from memory) and is most likely a 4.00MHz speed resinator. Look at ECS or Murrata's web sites to locate datasheets and specifications.

Depending on the PIC used and the resinator type you can generally use either the XT or HS oscillator options. The two outside pins connect to the XTAL1 and XTAL2 pins of the PIC while the center pin goes to GROUND. A 3 terminal ceramic resinator typically has the capacitors built in and you will not need to add any from XTAL1/XTAL2 to GROUND.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: