CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Seq Number and Ack Number in TCP stack

View previous topic :: View next topic  
puppie7777

Seq Number and Ack Number in TCP stack
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:24 am     Reply with quote

Hi, There!
i have built in a tcp stack which uses the ported tcp for CCS from Microchip TCP/IP stack. my pic now works as client, it works fine just except one "small" problem, if anyone has the simalar encounters as the following i will be very appreciated if he/she can share the experience!

The whole protocol stack which includes TCP/IP PPP stack works fine, but the connection keeps running for long time, my pic suddently "dont care about" any following incoming packets when pic side sending out a packet missing. (if the GPRS traffic is smooth, it will run for quite long time, maybe can transmit 10 thousand plus packets), and every time in this case, the program will "jump out" due to the sequence number and the ACK number not match. (my crc-16 checksum caculation in ppp layer works fine!).

Any suggestion will be highly appriciated!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:15 am     Reply with quote

Same experiences. Currently I'm working on this (ppp and ported tcp/ip stack) over PSTN. Sometimes I can upload huge files to an FTP server and sometimes it lacks after a couple 100 bytes.
Note that I have assigned an inactivity timer to the ip stack to disconnect (close the socket, disconnect ppp and then disconnect modem). It is not a solution for the problem just helps to keep phone charges as low as possible Smile
puppie7777

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:11 am     Reply with quote

Hi, there!

Now i have found out the reason, it is because my pic directly connect to GPRS modem (i m not using NIC), so there is not a "retransmit" mechanism on the virtural MAC layer to retransmit the data if no ACK received.

Actually in the TCPTick() function from Microchip TCP/IP stack, there is a "retransmit" mechanism, so far seems i can manage to retransmit an ACK packet, but still dont know how to implement on retransmitting data packet. Because the stack "push" this task to the NIC.

does anyone got a direction on that?
Rgds!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: