CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Reading from PCI Configuration registers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Birdasaur

Reading from PCI Configuration registers
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:13 pm     Reply with quote

Hey everyone, I snooped around on here for some clues but didn't see anything...

I'm trying to read the Configuration space on a PCI device. I've written a function which selects the PCI device via its IDSEL line, and then proceeds to perform a read transaction. The read is a single data byte read transaction. (No bursting) I am able to retrieve the first four bytes of information, (VendorID and DeviceID), which would come from performing a 32bit single phase read, when I specify 0x0000 as my starting address, but if I put anything else onto the AD[] bus other than 0's the PCI device ignores me. Question

According to the data sheet I'm following the waveforms for the transaction properly. I'm kinda stuck now as this is the first time I've tried communicating with a PCI device. I'm not sure where to look or what to look out for. Can Anyone out there give me a suggestion or clue?
PCM programmer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:37 pm     Reply with quote

Are you possibly on the wrong forum ?
How about a Microsoft or PCI bus forum ?
http://www.osronline.com/lists_archive/ntdev/thread1168.html
Or check Microsoft support ?
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q253232

Etc.
Birdasaur

BTW
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:40 pm     Reply with quote

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I'm using a PIC18 series on a custom board with connections to match the PCI Interface spec.
Birdasaur

update
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:52 am     Reply with quote

I have figured out from reading the data sheet of the PCI device that in order to perform a Configuration read, AD[0:1] must be 00 and the address you read from should be in AD[2:7]. Doing so certainly changes the results, instead of getting nothing back, I now get results that don't seem to match the data sheet specs. I was wondering if anyone out there at all have any pointers for me for this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: