CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Chip failure

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neutone

Chip failure
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:42 am     Reply with quote

I had a circuit returned from the field recently. The circuit uses a REF02 to supply 5 volts to a wire wound pot. The tap goes to the PIC. The program memory was partly erased. On first inspection I could find nothing to indicate the cause of failure. I was told that the board failed during a lighting storm. I was thinking maybe the pot had an induced voltage and caused the failure. I know it's reaching but I cant think of anything else. None of the componants show signs of damage except the partly erased PIC.
Haplo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:50 pm     Reply with quote

This is very similar to the problem that I have experienced many times with CCS ICDU-40. The code in the 18F252 chip inside the ICD gets erased. None of the components show any sign of damage. When I burn the ICD firmware back to it (using an ICDS) it comes back to life for a while, and dies after a few more days.

Are you using the same PIC by any chance? I hope this mystery gets solved soon. I can live with ICD losing code (although it is very inconvenient), but I can't afford any of my boards doing so out in the field.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: