CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Moving up to 18FXXX parts and programming them

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Moving up to 18FXXX parts and programming them
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:54 pm     Reply with quote

Advice please?

I have been using PCM for mostly the 16Fxxx type of parts for the past year or two. I have a Warp13 programmer (great tool), as well as an older serial ICD I bought from Peter Anderson (He has great stuff!). Frankly, I don't use many of the features of the ICD, but like the ICD mostly because I can burn the part in-circuit easily. Many of the boards I program have the part soldered on the PCB and using a header and jumper I program the part on the board. I am no power user of the ICD functions, admittedly.

Ok, so I need to do lots more math and signal processing with essentially the same I/Os of the 16Fxxx parts, so was thinking of moving up to the 18Fxxx series of devices mainly for the increase in program memory. I need to get the PCH compiler for these guys, but I would like advice on the programmer. Apparently, I can use the Warp13 for most of these parts in the DIP package - out of circuit obviously. How about ISP - programming in-circuit? Can I modify/upgrade my ancient ICD somehow? I am doing this on a budget and would like to reuse as much stuff as I have as possible...

Thanks for any advice,
Michael
Haplo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 5:24 pm     Reply with quote

ICD is a great tool indeed. You should be able to re-program your old ICD with the CCS firmware and use the PCW IDE for debugging and CCS' ICD.EXE (this software is a free download from the CCS website) for programming your chips.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> CCS ICD / Mach X / Load-n-Go All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: