CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

CCS prototype card

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amnon

CCS prototype card
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:04 am     Reply with quote

Hi
As a newbie on pic and CCS , I am learning a lot from the example code added to the CCS.
A lot of times the code header tell you to connect PIN_x to jumper y on the "CCS prototype card".
Can any body give me a schema of the prototype bored , so I'll be able to understand what every connection mean ?

Thanks Shocked
jma_1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:47 am     Reply with quote

The schematics for the prototyping boards are included with the data sheets as part of the compiler installation package. If you are using the windows IDE, 'View' ->'Data Sheets'. Use the drop down list to select the prototyping board you are using.

Cheers
kender

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:59 pm     Reply with quote

At the risk of being negative, I will say that I have never had much success with canned prototyping boards for PICs.

PICs are straightforward, and usually one can build a protoype on a breadboard as quickcly as one can explore his prototyping board. The additional huge benefit is that one get a hands-on experience in making microcontroller hardware.
Mark

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:49 pm     Reply with quote

kender wrote:
At the risk of being negative, I will say that I have never had much success with canned prototyping boards for PICs.

PICs are straightforward, and usually one can build a protoype on a breadboard as quickcly as one can explore his prototyping board. The additional huge benefit is that one get a hands-on experience in making microcontroller hardware.

I cannot believe that you said that. Not everyone is skilled or has knowledge of electrical design. For these individuals, prototype boards are a great tool for learning.

So you also think that you can build a prototype board that has an LCD, some switches, maybe an analog input, throw in some USB faster than I can look up a schematic for an existing protoboard? WOW!! I'll let you do my next few projects! Come on, there is no way that is possible.
kender

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:11 pm     Reply with quote

I have to admit that canned prototyping boards (CPB) have several advantages:

1. One gets all the parts for the basic functionality, and he doesn’t have to worry about the missing parts, until he blows something up.
2. CPB eliminates the need for the surfacemount-to-DIP adaptors, which are fairly expensive.
3. CPB is resistant to vibration, so it will probably survive in the industrial, automotive or mobile (e.g. handheld) environment, if the wiring was done appropriately.

As I was writing my first message, I was actually putting together a breadboard with an 18LF258 and a Xilinx CPLD on the adaptor (plus clock, discretes, switches and connectors). I didn’t time myself precisely, but the whole endeavor took about one (1) hour. Shipping of the CPB will take at least a day.
Amnon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:07 am     Reply with quote

Thanks you all for your quick answers.

kender , I am not using any prototype board , but it will be much easier to work with the examples , if I'll know what JUMPER_X mean!

Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: